» Views: 56
Use obi rope to generate ...
Forum: Obi Rope
Last Post: josemendez
15-04-2024, 07:03 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 132

Tearable Cloth Demo Error
Posted by: hecali_aj - 13-02-2021, 06:21 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (4)

Hello,

There's an error that appears in the tearable cloth demo using the burst backend for the solver. Any help please?
I'm using Unity 2020.1.17f1 and the latest version of Obi Cloth.
[Image: mlgFqV2.png]

Print this item

Cloudiness at Obi Fluid 6.0
Posted by: asimofu_ok - 13-02-2021, 05:06 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (2)

Hi, I updated Obi Fluid from 5.3 to 6.0.
And I'm surprising at Fluid Renderer parameters.
However, new Obi Fluid can use no longer the cloudiness of DielectricFluid material?

It was useful for white liquid or black background.
Additive blending is difference to cloudiness...

I think it is best that Absorption option can be used for white color.

Print this item

Solver Error
Posted by: Xanduffy - 13-02-2021, 03:49 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Figured I'd begin a new thread as this isn't strictly related to the grabbing issue Jose helped me with recently. I woke up this morning to the following console error:

Code:
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Obi.ObiTriangleMeshContainer.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh source) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiTriangleMeshContainer.cs:78)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.GetOrCreateTriangleMesh (UnityEngine.Mesh mesh) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:229)
Obi.ObiMeshShapeTracker.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ColliderTrackers/Trackers3D/ObiMeshShapeTracker.cs:38)
Obi.ObiColliderBase.UpdateIfNeeded () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderBase.cs:189)
Obi.ObiColliderWorld.UpdateWorld () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Collisions/ObiColliderWorld.cs:362)
Obi.ObiUpdater.BeginStep (System.Single stepDeltaTime) (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:40)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Plugins/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:54)

It's throwing from the solver that handles the grapple rope, but no changes were made to the rope recently, only to the grappling hook, and the particle attachment was redirected to that new model. The rope isn't simulating and it's preventing other scripts from executing, any ideas?

Print this item

Multiple renderers in URP
Posted by: corel - 13-02-2021, 04:31 AM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (4)

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple renderer passes in URP specific to separate emitters? I aim aiming to have distinct fluids in a scene with different refraction and blending modes, but I can't seem to find where to select specific emitters in the obi fluid renderer feature. I thought this was possible using the standard pipeline when the renderer script was attached to a camera, apologies if I've missed something obvious.

Cheers!

Print this item

Getting actors from bodyA and bodyB in Obi 6.0?
Posted by: MattS - 12-02-2021, 10:54 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (6)

Hi!

I've updated to Obi 6.0 and replaced contact.particle with contact.bodyA and contact.other with contact.bodyB, but when I collide 2 actors now, after the first collision or so none of the contacts are the 2 actors involved in the contact; most are null. 

Code:
public void OnSoftParticleCollision(object sender, Obi.ObiSolver.ObiCollisionEventArgs e)
{
    foreach(var contact in e.contacts)
    {
        if(contact.distance<0.01f)
        {
            var thisActor = m_solver.particleToActor[contact.bodyA]; // often null
            var otherActor = m_solver.particleToActor[contact.bodyB]; // often null

world.colliderHandles doesn't seem to be right either. I was wondering, what is the correct way to get the 2 actors involved in a softbody/softbody collision now?

Thanks!

Matt

Print this item

Surface-based collision option not working
Posted by: budosuyu - 12-02-2021, 03:04 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (5)

It doesn't seem to work for us. Ticked or not it works the same way it did with the previous versions. Am I doing something wrong? Are there any additional settings I should be aware of? 

I wish there were a demo scene specifically for this new feature as we have seen in the new demo videos.

Can you please help me out?

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

GIFS: 

[Image: rope.gif]

[Image: rope2.gif]

Print this item

rope setting at the starting point goes
Posted by: 0hsyn1 - 12-02-2021, 02:25 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (4)

Hi,
first picture, before starting game.
second image after starting unity.
the third picture shows that the rope arrangement is correct.

What could be the rope issue when I start Unity?

I'm sorry for my bad english.

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.png   3.PNG (Size: 14.33 KB / Downloads: 13)
Print this item

Detecting Particle Collision
Posted by: berko - 12-02-2021, 02:07 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi there,
-I want to detect particles contacting each other.  Then I will try to move those particles together either applying force or setting their velocities.
I tried solver.OnParticleCollision but I doest work for me.

Thanks in advance

Print this item

Pulling Rigidbodies with bigger mass
Posted by: Eddy13 - 11-02-2021, 02:15 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

Hello, 

I recently updated an old project and I see that there are some changes to the asset, and I can not recreate the old obi rope behavior that I had before. Unfortunately I could not find a solution in documentation, sorry if I missed it. Basically what I need is to use the rope to pull heavier objects. Kind of similar to crane example, but lets say if I need to pull Rigid body that has a mass of say 2000-4000. Right now if I try to pull a heavy Rigid body by changing rope length, the rope does not generate any pull. In the older Obi version I was able to set it up, but I don't remember exactly what I did, or did Obi rope had a much different behavior out of the box?

Print this item

Increase scale of softbody?
Posted by: RMHgames - 11-02-2021, 01:06 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (4)

When I try to grow softbody sphere, there's a really bad render bug (See attached)

Any fix?

Print this item