Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback Feedback on improving the blueprint trouble shooting.
Hi, I'm having trouble about floating vertex (not assigned to any particle) for the Softbody blueprint.
This is the Slime in normal play mode.
[Image: MPajWXr.png]

When I turn off deformation resistance, I can see the floating vertices.
[Image: pSrPRsY.png]

Now go to the blueprint, in the Bone mode, I can see very well the spine bone is having affection on which particles.
[Image: 9duoacf.png]

But in the Volume mode, no matter what bone I select, I don't see any feedback that which particle is affected by that bone. Everything is white.
But why is that? 

[Image: hpO3P5K.png]

To sum up, the problem is I have floating vertices, and I don't see any way to control them, to include them to the bone.
I suggest for a feature that list out all the floating vertices on a button click, and isolate them for easy painting, then can assign them to bones by manual painting as always, after done the painting, click a button to exit the isolation.
(29-04-2024, 06:07 PM)spikebor Wrote: Now go to the blueprint, in the Bone mode, I can see very well the spine bone is having affection on which particles.

But in the Volume mode, no matter what bone I select, I don't see any feedback that which particle is affected by that bone. Everything is white.
But why is that? 

Colors in particle visualization mode have nothing to do with vertex influences. It's just 3 flat colors: white for surface particles, pink for volume particles, and reddish brown for bone particles.

(29-04-2024, 06:07 PM)spikebor Wrote: To sum up, the problem is I have floating vertices, and I don't see any way to control them, to include them to the bone.
I suggest for a feature that list out all the floating vertices on a button click, and isolate them for easy painting, then can assign them to bones by manual painting as always, after done the painting, click a button to exit the isolation.

This isn't done in the blueprint, as it doesn't have anything to do with the simulation itself or the particle based representation of the mesh - it's related to how mesh vertices are skinned to the softbody at runtime, and hence controlled by the ObiSoftbodySkinner component. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...inner.html

You can control how automatic skinning happens (which is distance-based) and paint softbody influence for each vertex. The reason why this is a separate component and not built into the blueprint is that it allows you to skin multiple different meshes to the same softbody, something which is very often needed.

kind regards,
(29-04-2024, 06:16 PM)josemendez Wrote: Colors in particle visualization mode have nothing to do with vertex influences. It's just 3 flat colors: white for surface particles, pink for volume particles, and reddish brown for bone particles.

This isn't done in the blueprint, as it doesn't have anything to do with the simulation itself or the particle based representation of the mesh - it's related to how mesh vertices are skinned to the softbody at runtime, and hence controlled by the ObiSoftbodySkinner component. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...inner.html

You can control how automatic skinning happens (which is distance-based) and paint softbody influence for each vertex. The reason why this is a separate component and not built into the blueprint is that it allows you to skin multiple different meshes to the same softbody, something which is very often needed.

kind regards,

Ohh wow. Thanks for the explanation!
Btw I solved the issue by re-generate the blueprint with a less complex skeleton (remove all the unwanted bones, only having body + spine + head + eye bones) and the skinning work great now! After that I make a face group and pin that to the eye transform (non-softbody), result: 

This slime dynamic is completed now, thanks for your help!