Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can I attach particeattachment in script?
(10-10-2024, 09:39 AM)gahyun11 Wrote: I didnt add any custom code to obi asset, and I found this link, NullReferenceException Blueprint Edit (virtualmethodstudio.com) and edit obi asset as the last comment said, then the ui issue is solved. 

The solution in that thread's last comment won't solve the issue, will only keep the error from logging to the console. The editor won't work properly, since properties are still null. The proper solution to this bug (caused by Unity improperly managing public members when multiple inspectors are open) is to close all secondary inspectors.

This was circumvented in Obi 7.0, as we use Unity's new Stage API instead which doesn't trigger the error.

(10-10-2024, 09:39 AM)gahyun11 Wrote: Btw, Im currently trying to make a trench coat following obi cloth proxy character cloth tutorial(Obi Physics for Unity - Character Clothing using Proxies (virtualmethodstudio.com)), but the particle keeps falling from the body! I know there is a issue about simulating sample of obi cloth proxy (CharacterCloth Scene in sample - cloth directory, Unity 2021 not working? (virtualmethodstudio.com)) But obi version of mine is 6.5, and version of unity is 2022.3.2 as you can see, and if I play the scene of Character Cloth, cloth mesh is broken like a screen below( this still happens my coworker's computer who using obi 6.5)

As explained in that link, Unity completely changed the way meshes are stored in Unity 2021. More specifically, 2021.2. This is not just a one-time/specific version thing, they changed the format permanently for all future versions. As a result, from 2021.2 onwards (2022, 2023, 6) some of the sample scenes in Obi 6 that were created in an older Unity version won't work correctly, because the format they stored meshes in is different from the one Unity is expecting. So using Obi 6.5 together with Unity 2022.3 will certainly exhibit the issue as it's pairing an older Obi version with a newer Unity version.

Also see our troubleshooting guide for a detailed explanation.

In Obi 7 the minimum Unity version was bumped to 2021.3.4 LTS and all sample scenes re-done using it, so this is no longer a problem.

(10-10-2024, 09:39 AM)gahyun11 Wrote: I would understand if this happens only in CharacterCloth Sample scene, but even I used same model(I just copied from CharacterCloth scene) and made a coat blueprint with optimizing it, adding tethering group and generating tether,And I created trenchcoatSkin then added 2 channel, particle of the skinned cloth object keeps falling. Should I update obi from 6.5 to 7 or Did I something wrong? Thank you

Not sure without taking a look at your setup and the values painted in the skinmap.

In Obi 7 proxy creation has been redone from scratch and is fully automatic - you only have to specify a decimation value when generating the blueprint and the mesh automatically gets simplified for cloth generation. There's still the option of providing an arbitrary, manually authored proxy mesh should you need it. So updating is certainly a good option.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I attach particeattachment in script? - by josemendez - 10-10-2024, 10:43 AM