Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can softbody be used on cloth?
(08-06-2023, 10:17 AM)astest Wrote: As I told you, I've grown the particles in the particles, but they don't collide

Adjusted to Property-Radius value in Blueprint.

I removed all the colliders and obi colliders.

Isn't it this? T_T

If they don't collide at all, check that:

1.- Both the cloth and the softbody belong to the same solver. Actors in different solvers won't interact with each other in any way, since they're part of different simulations. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html

Quote:Each solver is completely independent from other solvers. Therefore, actors being updated by different solver won't interact / collide with each other. Only actors in the same solver will react to each other.

Just realized that in your video you seem to have 2 separate solvers, one for the cloth and another one for the softbodies. This will ensure they are simulated separately and don't know about each other's existence.

2.- Particle collisions are globally enabled in the ObiSolver component, under the "constraints" foldout.

3.- Collision filters are properly set up for both the cloth and softbody (that is, they're not set to ignore each other's category). See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

4.- The mass of the cloth and the softbody particles are comparable, you can check this in the blueprint editor. If the softbody is much heavier than the cloth, it will push it out of the way and end up passing trough it.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 02-06-2023, 03:31 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 06-06-2023, 02:05 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 08-06-2023, 04:08 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 08-06-2023, 10:17 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by josemendez - 08-06-2023, 10:57 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 09-06-2023, 06:02 AM