» Views: 48
Question about garment on...
Forum: Obi Cloth
Last Post: onfitpark
07-06-2024, 02:58 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,425

Exclamación Issues with particles editing using OBI Editor
Posted by: Pheebau - 14-10-2020, 08:39 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (3)

Hi,

I am fairly new to OBI and own both Rope & Softbody - Note that i have spent a considerable amount of time to try and understand OBI Softbody.

I know you are working on more tutorials but having video of particle editing for Softbody would be of great help - Yes the tutorial guide is there but it not enough IMO as explaining to customers best practices and show different types of particles editing would be sweet - this is just some feedback so take it or leave it Sonrisa

The issue I am seeing is the following and I have added screenshots to help understand.

I took the deformable barrels sample and tried to edit the barrel footprint by removing 1 particle and trying to add it back - I was unsuccessful in doing so.

1) Removing top particle of barrel blueprint: (I picked an arbitrary one)

[Image: JLOkzLD.jpg]

[Image: yBMyruA.jpg]

All good - the particle was removed.

I then try and add a new one back and I am doing this as I could not add particles to my own blueprint and mesh using the editor so I use the barrel one to test against.

Here is what I see when I try and paint->add some particle (render mode is particle + mesh) - particle is not added or at least it doesn't show.

[Image: 9NDpshJ.jpg]

A closer look:

[Image: aflSKx5.jpg]

What am I doing wrong? I have read the guide and watch tutorials I could find and I cannot make this work after trying many things.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Print this item

SkinnedCloth - moving/rotating bones with script
Posted by: norbykov - 14-10-2020, 05:02 PM - Forum: Obi Cloth - Replies (3)

Hey there,

Apologies if this has been asked before - I searched the forum and couldn't find relevant information.

We set up our character using the instructions and got the simulation working fine. But we're trying to move bones programmatically and can't seem to get it to work. The character's clothing is stuck in the initial pose. We're using Unity 2020 with HDRP.

Thanks for any pointers that you could provide.

Print this item

How to reset softbody?
Posted by: relevantname - 14-10-2020, 12:22 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hi, 

When I change the shape matching constraints at runtime, the softbody bounces too much. How can I prevent this? 
Is there a way to reset particle velocities?

Thanks.

Print this item

Making Slime With Obi Softbody
Posted by: relevantname - 14-10-2020, 10:03 AM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (1)

Hi,

Is it possible to apply a mechanic like turning a mesh(like cube or sphere) into slime in one tap and turn it back to initial shape in another tap with obi softbody?

Thanks.

Print this item

Obi Solver changes gravity for rigidbodies ?
Posted by: VincentAbert - 13-10-2020, 07:05 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (7)

Hello ! I'm getting more and more comfortable with Obi Rope, but a few things are still a bit complex for me :

first of all, the obi solver seems to change all the physics in my scene : I have not changed the default gravity in Unity (which is the same as the default obi solver value), but whenever there is an active solver in my scene, my character (rigidbody based) doesn't jump as high, as do any rigidbody when added a force ?

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me is the fact that you have to add an obi collider for a dynamic particle attachment : since the attachment will probably intersect with the end of the rope, it seems absurd to add a collider to it ?

Thanks a lot !

Print this item

Softbody with SkinnedMesh
Posted by: Yotingo - 13-10-2020, 03:59 PM - Forum: Obi Softbody - Replies (7)

Hi, 

Our team is considering an Obi Softbody purchase but we want to ensure it will suit our needs.

What are the limitations with using Obi Softbody on an animated SkinnedMesh?
We're basically trying to deform a character's skin when it gets hit.

In your video, I see that you do have an a skinnedMesh with dangly arms. 
Does Obi Soft replace the Mesh in those areas? Or are you simply using particles to create the skinnedMesh?

If you have a demo package, we would love to try it out.

Any info will be great!

- Thanks

Print this item

Tearing rope on Collision
Posted by: Spectra_7 - 13-10-2020, 11:41 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (3)

I am trying to tear the rope using OnCollision callback. The rope does get cut, but it also throws exception error when tearing.

Code:
void Solver_OnCollision(object sender, ObiSolver.ObiCollisionEventArgs e)
    {
        for (int i = 0; i < e.contacts.Count; ++i)
        {
            if (e.contacts.Data[i].distance < 0.01f)
            {
                //ObiColliderBase collider = ObiColliderWorld.GetInstance().colliderHandles[e.contacts[i].other].owner;
                Component collider;
                if (ObiCollider.idToCollider.TryGetValue(e.contacts.Data[i].other, out collider))
                {                   
                    if (collider == scissorCollider)
                    {
                        ObiSolver.ParticleInActor pa = solver.particleToActor[e.contacts.Data[i].particle];

if (pa != null)
                        {
                            ropeObject = pa.actor.GetComponent<ObiRope>();
                            ropeElements = ropeObject.elements;
                        }

//print(e.contacts.Data[i].particle);

for (int j = 0; j < ropeElements.Count; j++)
                        {
                            if( ropeElements[j].particle1 == e.contacts.Data[i].particle )
                            {
                                //print("Contact Particle: "+e.contacts.Data[i].particle);
                                //print("Element Particle: "+ropeObject.elements[j].particle1);

int particleToTear = ropeObject.elements[j].particle1;

ropeObject.Tear(ropeElements[particleToTear]);
                                ropeObject.RebuildConstraintsFromElements();                               
                            }
                        }                       
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

It throws index OutOfRange exception.
Code:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <599589bf4ce248909b8a14cbe4a2034e>:0)
ScissorCut.Solver_OnCollision (System.Object sender, Obi.ObiSolver+ObiCollisionEventArgs e) (at Assets/Scripts/Cut Logic/ScissorCut.cs:67)
Obi.ObiSolver.EndStep () (at Assets/_IMPORTED/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1302)
Obi.ObiUpdater.EndStep () (at Assets/_IMPORTED/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:104)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/_IMPORTED/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:69)

I can't figure out, please help.

Print this item

Fluid misplaced in VR multi-pass
Posted by: miltocoal - 10-10-2020, 03:42 PM - Forum: Obi Fluid - Replies (1)

Hi there

My fluid is incorrectly positioned in VR with multi-pass rendering mode. See screenshot.

The further away I get from the glass (with locomotion), the less accurate is the liquid position.

How to fix that?

-Pereadoc Buck

P.S. Everything is good when VR is disabled in player settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Pregunta Instantiating Ropes at runtime
Posted by: Eulenmensch - 09-10-2020, 12:48 PM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (2)

Hi, love the asset so far, great UX and really powerful!

I am doing fine with ropes that I author and place in the scene but am running into some issues/questions now that I'm attempting to instantiate them at runtime.

My usecase is that I have a Helium Balloon(rigidbody with up force applied) that spawns and attaches to other rigidbodies on collision. I want this attachment to be an Obi Rope to simulate the string of the balloon.
For that I would need to set the start and end nodes of a rope to the balloons position and the impact point respectively.

Do I need to create a blueprint at runtime for each of the ropes to do so? 

How do I know which index each particle group of a rope has?

Thanks for the great asset!

Print this item

Two ropes use same blueprint and use different phase
Posted by: Tonyqu - 09-10-2020, 02:09 AM - Forum: Obi Rope - Replies (1)

I wanna two rope collide with each other

Print this item