Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to apply mass 0 to all?

Even though the character has all 0 mass and the influence is entirely black, it still displays strangely.
I only want to have my tits and ass shaking.
So, I tried to work by setting the mass of all the bodies to 0 and separating only the breasts into a separate group.
However, before even separating the groups, the hands were expressed strangely.

Additionally, are there any of the following features?
Painting it one by one is difficult to manage because you may miss some points.
How to apply the mass of all selected items in Paint at once?
Other assets had such a function, making it easier to manage, but I don't seem to see that function here.
(Yesterday, 01:58 PM)twocomet Wrote: Even though the character has all 0 mass and the influence is entirely black, it still displays strangely.
I only want to have my tits and ass shaking.

Hi,

Mass and influence are two entirely different values, and have no effect on each other. If you don't want parts of the body to be affected by softbody, paint their influence in the ObiSoftbodySkinner component and then click "Bind skin". See the manual for details.

(Yesterday, 01:58 PM)twocomet Wrote: So, I tried to work by setting the mass of all the bodies to 0 and separating only the breasts into a separate group.

This won't achieve anything close to what you want. Mass is a real-world value expressed in kg that determines how much acceleration forces create on an object. Influence is a percentage that determines how closely vertices follow softbody movement. It's two completely different concepts.

(Yesterday, 01:58 PM)twocomet Wrote: Additionally, are there any of the following features?
Painting it one by one is difficult to manage because you may miss some points.
How to apply the mass of all selected items in Paint at once?
Other assets had such a function, making it easier to manage, but I don't seem to see that function here.

Select all particles in the softbody (you can just click the "Invert selection" button and it will select all particles if you had none selected), then set a value for the property currently being edited. It will set the value for all selected particles. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ditor.html

kind regards,
1. The bind skin is of course the result of implementation.
Currently, I have never been able to achieve the soft body effect with this body.

2. Because a normal state cannot be achieved no matter how hard one tries, it is the result of expecting to create a prototype without any conditions. I set the Mass value of all parts to 0 and colored their influences black. I wanted to show that even that doesn't work properly right now.
At first, I also chose only the chest and paid for it to try. The results were a mess.

3. I also know that there is a reversal option.
The choice isn't the problem.
In paint mode, we need the ability to paint all selected items at once with a specified value rather than dragging with the mouse and painting.

What I need is simple.
For example, apply a soft body only to the character's chest area and add colliders to all of the finger joints.
I want to be able to use these hands to grab or press my breasts. Like the soft body feature in a blender.
Could you please create an example like this and send me a sample?
I'm worried because I can't do it.
(Yesterday, 06:25 PM)twocomet Wrote: 1. The bind skin is of course the result of implementation.

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean. The result of implementing what?

(Yesterday, 06:25 PM)twocomet Wrote: 2. Because a normal state cannot be achieved no matter how hard one tries, it is the result of expecting to create a prototype without any conditions. I set the Mass value of all parts to 0 and colored their influences black. I wanted to show that even that doesn't work properly right now.
At first, I also chose only the chest and paid for it to try. The results were a mess.

Setting the mass to zero won’t do anything meaningful in this context. Setting influence to zero won’t either, unless you bind the skin afterwards.

(Yesterday, 06:25 PM)twocomet Wrote: 3. I also know that there is a reversal option.
The choice isn't the problem.
In paint mode, we need the ability to paint all selected items at once with a specified value rather than dragging with the mouse and painting.

As I explained in the previous post (and explained in the manual) this is done using the particle selection tool, by writing a value in the property field. It will set the specified value for all currently selected particles. No need to manually paint over all of them. Let me know if you need a video showing how to do this.

(Yesterday, 06:25 PM)twocomet Wrote: I want to be able to use these hands to grab or press my breasts. Like the soft body feature in a blender.
Could you please create an example like this and send me a sample?
I'm worried because I can't do it.

I’m sorry, I have a really hard time understanding you. No idea what the “softbody feature in a blender” is. Do you mean Blender, the 3D modeling program?

The asset already includes an example of a humanoid character with softbody physics applied to specific parts of the body (the “BigGuy” sample scene).

If possible send the character model you’re using to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com and I’ll set it up for you.

Kind regards,