Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error: Particle that does not exist in the actor
Hi.  

I am getting an error saying that my particle attachment is not recognized.  Any advice appreciated please?
Quote:The particle group 'Receiver' references a particle that does not exist in the actor 'Obi Rope'.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Obi.ObiParticleAttachment:Bind () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/ObiParticleAttachment.cs:237)
Obi.ObiParticleAttachment:Actor_OnBlueprintLoaded (Obi.ObiActor,Obi.ObiActorBlueprint) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/ObiParticleAttachment.cs:198)
Obi.ObiParticleAttachment:OnEnable () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Common/Utils/ObiParticleAttachment.cs:172)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_RestoreLastOpenedScenes ()

Thanks for your time.  Here's a screenshot.  In the image, I had clearly renamed my control points.  So I'm not sure how to fix.  At first, it was working fine, but then I switched to Dynamic because I wanted to have the pin constraint function active. That's when the error started to appear.
[Image: Obi-Error.png?rlkey=pia214odw0w66qvsjy2l...0ic2j&dl=1]
(01-05-2024, 10:30 AM)Sky d Wrote: Hi.  

I am getting an error saying that my particle attachment is not recognized.  Any advice appreciated please?

Thanks for your time.  Here's a screenshot.  In the image, I had clearly renamed my control points.  So I'm not sure how to fix.  At first, it was working fine, but then I switched to Dynamic because I wanted to have the pin constraint function active. That's when the error started to appear.
[Image: Obi-Error.png?rlkey=pia214odw0w66qvsjy2l...0ic2j&dl=1]

This means you've added or removed control points, and or/changed the rope in a way that the particle group your attachment was referencing no longer exists, or refers to a particle that no longer exists.

Just re-select the appropriate particle group in your ObiParticleAttachment's "particle group" dropdown. This should get rid of the problem.

kind regards,