Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Spikes while simulation saple scene CharacterCloth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Just bought the asset and open sample scene CharacterCloth. Runing the game i see terrible spikes in simulation. Tried 2021 and 2022 LTS Unity versions.
[attachment=1922]

There was no any changes in project settings. New empty project than imported Obi Cloth. The same bug in softbody sample scenes...

How to fix it?
(30-10-2023, 10:09 AM)alexm Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

Just bought the asset and open sample scene CharacterCloth. Runing the game i see terrible spikes in simulation. Tried 2021 and 2022 LTS Unity versions.

There was no any changes in project settings. New empty project than imported Obi Cloth. The same bug in softbody sample scenes...

How to fix it?

Hi,

See the following thread:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-3331.html

In few words, the Unity version you're using decided to store mesh vertices in a different order than the version used to build the scenes. The solution in the case of cloth is to re-generate the cloth blueprint and the proxy.

In case of softbodies, the solution is just to click the "Bind skin" button in the ObiSoftbodySkinner component.

Note this only applies to meshes imported from other Unity versions, such as the ones in the sample scenes. Any cloth/softbodies you create yourself will work right off the bat since the Unity version used to import the mesh and create the actors is the same.

kind regards,
(30-10-2023, 10:22 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

See the following thread:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-3331.html

In few words, the Unity version you're using decided to store mesh vertices in a different order than the version used to build the scenes. The solution in the case of cloth is to re-generate the cloth blueprint and the proxy.

In case of softbodies, the solution is just to click the "Bind skin" button in the ObiSoftbodySkinner component.

Note this only applies to meshes imported from other Unity versions, such as the ones in the sample scenes. Any cloth/softbodies you create yourself will work right off the bat since the Unity version used to import the mesh and create the actors is the same.

kind regards,

In scene ElasticCharacter i've regenerated blueprint than Bake skin ... and man becomes too elastic.

Can you please provide example scenes for Unity 2021.3.26 ?

And maybe it is good idea to place some QuickStart links to overview most common issues for newbies?
(30-10-2023, 12:47 PM)alexm Wrote: [ -> ]In scene ElasticCharacter i've regenerated blueprint than Bake skin ... and man becomes too elastic.

For softbodies, there's no need to regenerate the blueprint. If you do so, all per-particle data in the blueprint will be lost and you'll need to re-paint them, Unity will warn you about this when clicking the "Generate" button in the blueprint. For softbodies you just needed to click "Bake Skin". Quoting my previous post:

(30-10-2023, 10:22 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]In case of softbodies, the solution is just to click the "Bind skin" button in the ObiSoftbodySkinner component.

(30-10-2023, 12:47 PM)alexm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please provide example scenes for Unity 2021.3.26 ?

The scenes are the exact same regardless of the Unity version you're using, only need to update the blueprint and/or skin as pointed out above.

In the case of cloth, mesh vertex order may change depending on the Unity version and mesh import settings so it is unfortunately not possible to provide ready-made blueprints for every Unity version/mesh combination. This is usually not an issue between minor versions, but major versions tend to change vertex ordering.

kind regards,