Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Make the cloth thicker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on a project where we need to be able to drag a cloth and I obviously went for Obi.

I need the cloth to look like a thick duvet cover, more than a 1mm thick piece of cloth - any tips for how to do this?

Ideas so far:
- Shader on the 2D cloth to give it depth / make it look thicker
- 3D model and obi volume

Any other ideas or any idea how I could use any of the above ideas to acomplish this?
(02-08-2023, 03:54 PM)richardmuthwill Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on a project where we need to be able to drag a cloth and I obviously went for Obi.

I need the cloth to look like a thick duvet cover, more than a 1mm thick piece of cloth - any tips for how to do this?

Ideas so far:
- Shader on the 2D cloth to give it depth / make it look thicker
- 3D model and obi volume

Any other ideas or any idea how I could use any of the above ideas to acomplish this?

Hi,

You could use proxies to bind a thick mesh to a flat cloth. These are designed to deform arbitrary meshes using a cloth simulation. See the "CharacterCloth" sample scene for an example of this.

let me know if you need further help,

kind regards,
(02-08-2023, 04:04 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

You could use proxies to bind a thick mesh to a flat cloth. These are designed to deform arbitrary meshes using a cloth simulation. See the "CharacterCloth" sample scene for an example of this.

let me know if you need further help,

kind regards,

Perfect, thank you so much for your help!