Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to limit length?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May be my question is stupid, sorry.

I have a rope with one fixed end. And other end of rope attached to draggable object. And the behaviour of rope - like a rubber - it increase length without limits.
Is it possible to say to rope don't changing length, even I moving attahcment object?
(22-04-2021, 11:28 AM)Caduceus Wrote: [ -> ]May be my question is stupid, sorry.

I have a rope with one fixed end. And other end of rope attached to draggable object. And the behaviour of rope - like a rubber - it increase length without limits.
Is it possible to say to rope don't changing length, even I moving attahcment object?

There's two types of attachments in Obi: static and dynamic.

Static attachments will force the attached point to follow the object it is attached to, wherever it goes. The rope will stretch as needed to stay attached.

Dynamic attachments allow the rope to apply a force back to the object it is attached to, resisting movement. In physics this is known as two-way coupling: the rope reacts to the object, and the object reacts to the rope. The object needs to be a rigidbody though (as it needs to be able to react to the force applied by the rope). You can see examples of this in the Crane, FrightLift and WrapTheRope sample scenes.

See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ments.html
Great!
Thank you so much! Your asset is fantastic!
I don't understand - who are people who put you 2 stars in AssetStore. It must be 10 stars!
(22-04-2021, 11:48 AM)Caduceus Wrote: [ -> ]Great!
Thank you so much! Your asset is fantastic!
I don't understand - who are people who put you 2 stars in AssetStore. It must be 10 stars!

I'm glad you like Obi! Sonrisa

It's a quite large engine and has lots of stuff, but it's also very flexible. Some people become overwhelmed by it. Since the price tag is low, I guess they expect something small and simple.

cheers!