Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can I get help?
Pregunta 
I need to select specific regions in the OBI blueprint to run different cloth simulations, but using Unity’s built-in UI makes it challenging to isolate and configure those parts. Therefore, I would like to pre-select the points I need using tools like Vertex Groups and Vertex Paint in a 3D modeling program such as Blender, and then export this data via an FBX file. My goal is to select this data in the OBI blueprint in Unity. Could you provide a guide for this process?
(13-09-2024, 10:02 AM)ziziza93 Wrote: I need to select specific regions in the OBI blueprint to run different cloth simulations, but using Unity’s built-in UI makes it challenging to isolate and configure those parts. Therefore, I would like to pre-select the points I need using tools like Vertex Groups and Vertex Paint in a 3D modeling program such as Blender, and then export this data via an FBX file. My goal is to select this data in the OBI blueprint in Unity. Could you provide a guide for this process?

Hi,

You can use the blueprint editors' texture import/export tools to create/paint your per-particle data in an external tool. The only prerequisite is for your mesh to be uv unwrapped and for its uvs to have no overlap, since otherwise multiple particles would map to the same location in the texture.

kind regards,