Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Folded Cloth
I'm trying to create a folded cloth and then unfold it with two corner points. I have mesh below with control points highlighted.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-08-23-at-11-27-30-AM.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2024-08-23-at-11-27-39-AM.png]

Now I have created two control groups, and did static attachment with objects. Now I move both attachments in opposite direction to unfold the cloth but it doesn't work properly. It stretches the the same small folded patch like below

[Image: Screenshot-2024-08-23-at-11-35-54-AM.png]
Hi!

I may be Captain Obvious here, but make sure each particle group contains only one of the particles and that each attachment uses a different group. Like so:

ObiParticleAttachmentA ---> particle group A ---> particle A
ObiParticleAttachmentB ---> particle group B ---> particle B

Also be mindful of the blueprint's "vertex weld distance" parameter when creating the blueprint, as it may be welding together those vertices if they're too close to each other.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, could you share the mesh so that I can take a closer look at it?

kind regards,
(23-08-2024, 09:20 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

I may be Captain Obvious here, but make sure each particle group contains only one of the particles and that each attachment uses a different group. Like so:

Also be mindful of the blueprint's "vertex weld distance" parameter when creating the blueprint, as it may be welding together those vertices if they're too close to each other.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, could you share the mesh so that I can take a closer look at it?

kind regards,

Okay I will create a sample test project and share it here with you including mesh so you can check
(23-08-2024, 09:20 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi!

kind regards,

Okay its working now, the mass of particles was different