Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Converting Between Fluid and Softbody?
Hey all, I was wondering if it's possible, and if so how one might go about, to convert a volume of obi fluid into a softbody and vice versa during runtime?
Is there anything preventing me from creating a mesh from a volume of obi particles and instantiating a new softbody actor/blueprint?
(08-03-2023, 03:10 PM)Kemo. Wrote: Hey all, I was wondering if it's possible, and if so how one might go about, to convert a volume of obi fluid into a softbody and vice versa during runtime?
Is there anything preventing me from creating a mesh from a volume of obi particles and instantiating a new softbody actor?

Hi there!

It's possible but potentially very slow.

You can create a mesh from a volume of particles using any isosurface extraction method of your choosing, common ones are marching cubes or surface nets. Then you can create a softbody blueprint out of the resulting mesh at runtime. Both steps are quite slow, marching cubes in particular since you need the results on the CPU to generate a blueprint out of it.

To go the opposite way, you can use a voxel mesh shape emitter using the softbody mesh as input.

kind regards,