Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visualizing Force Magnitude with Color in Obi Softbody
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system,]Hi everyone,[/font]
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system,]I'm new to the Obi Softbody plugin and I'm trying to understand the behavior of my soft bodies under different loads and boundary conditions. I want to simulate the process of a need insertion and visualize the applied force on the skin, and inside tissure. Just like this figure below(image this is an arm)[Image: FEA_1.png][/font]

[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system,]Is it possible to show the magnitude of the applied force by color in Obi Softbody? I'm imagining that this would involve mapping the magnitude of the force at each vertex of the soft body to a color scale, and using a custom shader to apply the color to the material used for the soft body.[/font]

[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system,]I would greatly appreciate any help or insights from the community on this topic. Thank you![/font]
Hi there!

There's an included sample scene that does exactly this: measure deformation magnitude and visualize it in a per-vertex basis using a custom shader. You can find it at /Obi/Samples/Softbody/DeformationGradient.unity

kind regards,