Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unity 2021.3.x softbody bug?
Hi, I am using obi softbody in unity 2020.3 without any issues, but when I am switching to 2021.3.15f it looks like something is going wrong. 
Please see attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-03-2023, 01:07 AM)Pavlosp Wrote: Hi, I am using obi softbody in unity 2020.3 without any issues, but when I am switching to 2021.3.15f it looks like something is going wrong. 
Please see attachment.

Hi!

This is because in 2021, Unity decided to change the vertex order of certain meshes (yet again, last time it happened was 2019.2). This means the order in which mesh vertices are stored is not the same as in previous versions. So meshes imported from older Unity versions will appear “garbled” in 2021.

This thread is related:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-3331.html

Luckily this only happens to meshes imported from older versions. Any softbodies of your own created in 2021 wont have this problem, only some sample scenes created in older Unity versions (the ones included with the current version were created in 2019.4) do.

To fix the scene, select the ObiSoftbodySkinner component in the scene and click “Bind Skin” to bind the mesh to the softbody.

Let me know if I can be of further help,