Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Rope weight effect on rigidbodies
Hi,

I have a rope with two pin constraints that attach it to a fixed collider on one side and to a rigidbody on the other side.

The rigidbody moves in the scene. I need the rope to affect it physically - pull it down because of the rope's mass. As the rigidbody moves away and the rope stretches between the fixed point and the rigidbody, it should also pull the rigidbody sideways, toward the fixed point.

Is this possible? Changing the particles mass for the rope did not change anything in this regard.

Thanks
(24-06-2020, 02:24 PM)hermonir Wrote: Hi,

I have a rope with two pin constraints that attach it to a fixed collider on one side and to a rigidbody on the other side.

The rigidbody moves in the scene. I need the rope to affect it physically - pull it down because of the rope's mass. As the rigidbody moves away and the rope stretches between the fixed point and the rigidbody, it should also pull the rigidbody sideways, toward the fixed point.

Is this possible? Changing the particles mass for the rope did not change anything in this regard.

Thanks

Hi,

in physics this is called two-way coupling (the rigidbody affects the rope, and viceversa). It can be achieved by using a dynamic particle attachment. See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...ments.html

Make sure you move the rigidbody using forces, if you directly set its transform position you're essentially overriding physics.