Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing rope length
I feel like I'm missing something simple and obvious but cannot find the information I need.

How do you change the length of the rope in the Unity Editor? The crane example scene does so programmatically but I would like to change the length of my rope permanently in Unity.

Thanks!!
(07-09-2017, 05:44 PM)devPuppy Wrote: I feel like I'm missing something simple and obvious but cannot find the information I need.

How do you change the length of the rope in the Unity Editor? The crane example scene does so programmatically but I would like to change the length of my rope permanently in Unity.

Thanks!!

You need to use either the catmull curve or the beziercurve to set the length; <--- ended my sentence with a semi colon, coding to much today lol.
(07-09-2017, 06:00 PM)niZmo Wrote: You need to use either the catmull curve or the beziercurve to set the length; <--- ended my sentence with a semi colon, coding to much today lol.

I generally create a Unity primitive as a measuring stick.
Then set it next to the catmull curve to gauge rope length.

Also I disable the Mesh, and expand the Catmull for better visibility.  Collapse Catmull when done, again for visibility and not accidentally change it.