Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bug / Crash  Doesn't build for latest XCode (11.4)
(08-05-2020, 08:44 AM)josemendez Wrote: Good news everyone: Apple has confirmed this is a bug in XCode, and suggested a potential workaround:

In other words, the culprit is indeed link-time optimization (LTO), which I tried to disable before without success. Since the library contains bitcode files (to be able to deploy to the store), LTO is mandatory. However the linker gets stuck trying to optimize a specific function. The workaround they propose is flagging that function with (optnone), to prevent the linker from attempting to optimize it and getting stuck.

They also mention they're working to fix the linker in an upcoming update. In the meantime, I will try their workaround and see if it actually works.

Hello,

How about the workaround? Did it work or should we wait for XCode update?
(08-05-2020, 08:44 AM)josemendez Wrote: Good news everyone: Apple has confirmed this is a bug in XCode, and suggested a potential workaround:

In other words, the culprit is indeed link-time optimization (LTO), which I tried to disable before without success. Since the library contains bitcode files (to be able to deploy to the store), LTO is mandatory. However the linker gets stuck trying to optimize a specific function. The workaround they propose is flagging that function with (optnone), to prevent the linker from attempting to optimize it and getting stuck.

They also mention they're working to fix the linker in an upcoming update. In the meantime, I will try their workaround and see if it actually works.

Hi i also have the same problem~~
expect to that get fixed~~
(10-05-2020, 04:16 PM)awlodarczyk Wrote: Hello,

How about the workaround? Did it work or should we wait for XCode update?

Sadly it did not work. The linker just hangs in a different function, and a third one if I disable optimization for the second one too. Disabling optimization for the entire code base is not an option.

Guess we'll have to wait for a proper XCode fix, and rollback to 11.3.1 for future releases as we initially planned.
Hello,

Same issue for me. Please send me Obi Rope 5.1

Thanks.
(12-05-2020, 12:02 PM)emreaa Wrote: Hello,

Same issue for me. Please send me Obi Rope 5.1

Thanks.

Sure, write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com including your invoice number and I'll send it to you.
(12-05-2020, 12:08 PM)josemendez Wrote: Sure, write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com including your invoice number and I'll send it to you.

I also need the obi rope 5.1 and I have sent the message to your email via 'luwenwandota2@hotmail.com'
Hi, I've faced the same issue, sent an email for support (from maratai(at)yandex.ru) and looking for some workaround at the meantime. 

BTW, did anyone try to build with Xcode 11.5 beta 2? It's available here https://developer.apple.com/download/more/?name=Xcode from 6th of May.
UPD. Just tried in Xcode 11.5 beta 2 - seems hanging as before Triste
(12-05-2020, 12:08 PM)josemendez Wrote: Sure, write to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com including your invoice number and I'll send it to you.

Hi,

Just sent an email for the Rope Asset 5.1

Thanks
Hi!
Any news on that front?
I have been working with Obi Rope for a couple of day just to realize that I couldn't ship a build for iOS  Indeciso. This is quite a bummer.

Would rolling back to Obi Rope 5.1 be a quick relacement solution for the time being or is it very diffferent?

Thanks
(29-05-2020, 09:32 PM)PixelPhil Wrote: Hi!
Any news on that front?
I have been working with Obi Rope for a couple of day just to realize that I couldn't ship a build for iOS  Indeciso. This is quite a bummer.

Would rolling back to Obi Rope 5.1 be a quick relacement solution for the time being or is it very diffferent?

Thanks

I rolled back to 5.1 and it looks the same.