Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bug / Crash  Doesn't build for latest XCode (11.4)
Update for everyone reading: 5.1 (Obi cloth, but presumably also rope) with Xcode 11.3.1 processed on iTunesConnect with minimum iOS version set to 9.0, no need to make it 11.0. This is great news! You have to disable bitcode though.
Hi kindly send me a copy of working Obi rope for xcode 11.4.1 or xcode 11.3.1 . Thank you.(was using the latest obi rope)

Currently stuck at linking in xcode and found this forum after a complete day of googling for every little think and never thought it was obi rope and xcode issue. Please help as soon as you can. Thank you.

(04-05-2020, 08:11 AM)josemendez Wrote: Sure, sent.

Hi kindly send me a copy of working Obi rope for xcode 11.4.1 or xcode 11.3.1 . Thank you.(was using the latest obi rope)
Sure. What email address should I send it to?
(17-04-2020, 03:43 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi! Glad you got it working. Just read your mail requisiting a build of 5.3 using 11.3.1, thing is we updated all our dev machines to Catalina/11.4, I don't know if it is possible to downgrade. If you need 5.3 just drop me a note and will try to build a version with 11.3.1.

Over time I expect the situation with 11.4 to improve, though. I've already tried everything I could think of and Apple support is quite slow, so it might take a while.

Hi it is not possible to downgrade. But I installed xcode 11.3.1 with a version name by downloading it from apple's official developer website. So I can have 11.4 and 11.3.1. I downloaded it specially for obi rope. And can confirm you can have 2 xcodes. Just rename the 11.3.1 ...it will be 'xcode' adding a suffix is enough.
(05-05-2020, 08:38 AM)uv_unity Wrote: Hi it is not possible to downgrade. But I installed xcode 11.3.1 with a version name by downloading it from apple's official developer website. So I can have 11.4 and 11.3.1. I downloaded it specially for obi rope. And can confirm you can have 2 xcodes. Just rename the 11.3.1 ...it will be 'xcode' adding a suffix is enough.

Hi!

I simply uninstalled 11.4.1 entirely, then downloaded 11.31 from the developer website and installed it. We're planning to build 5.4 and later versions with 11.3.1 until the issues with 11.4's linker get sorted out.
I have installed xcode 11.3.1, using Obi Rope 5.3 and still doesnt work. Saying me that invalid bitcode version. I set enable bitcode : NO.

My email : aliavci1380@yahoo.com

Please send me working obi rope with 11.3.1
Hello, we are currently having the same issue. We have downloaded XCode 11.3.1 from Apple Dev site, but need the compatible Obi Rope library now.

My email is broncek.andrej@gmail.com

Thanks.
Good news everyone: Apple has confirmed this is a bug in XCode, and suggested a potential workaround:

Quote:Engineering has provided the following information regarding this issue:

The libOni.a library contains bitcode files, therefore we must do LTO in order to build this project.

Breaking into the process as it’s hung, it seems to be stuck on this function:
_ZN3Oni25CookedSkinConstraintBatch18EvaluateConstraintEPNS_22BatchedConstraintGroupINS_18SkinConstraintDataEEEiif

You may be able to work around this issue if you can add the following attribute to the function:
__attribute__((optnone))
void examplefunction() { return; }

This will prevent the link-time optimizer from trying to process the function and hopefully avoid the hang.

We are working to resolve this in a future release.

In other words, the culprit is indeed link-time optimization (LTO), which I tried to disable before without success. Since the library contains bitcode files (to be able to deploy to the store), LTO is mandatory. However the linker gets stuck trying to optimize a specific function. The workaround they propose is flagging that function with (optnone), to prevent the linker from attempting to optimize it and getting stuck.

They also mention they're working to fix the linker in an upcoming update. In the meantime, I will try their workaround and see if it actually works.
Any luck?
And would you also send me the 5.1 Rope.
ufukserdardemir@hotmail.com
Thanks.
Pregunta 
Hi, 
I came across the same issue while I was developing a game using Obi Fluid 5.3. I request that you post me Obi Fluid 5.1. My email address is beyzahilaldurak@hotmail.com.
Thank you.