Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can softbody be used on cloth?
(08-06-2023, 04:08 AM)astest Wrote: I added ObiParticleRender and tried it.

collision between the softbody and Cloth does not occur properly.

I need to add colliders to make each other react
Adding a collider to Cloth makes it hard.
Adding a collider to a soft body will cause the soft body to fly in a strange direction, or will not return to its original state when it is crushed.

I didn't know what to do, so I filmed the phenomenon.
Please help me in a little more detail. Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NAcZ_4e...sp=sharing

There's a fundamental misconception here: adding Collider component to cloth or softbody doesn't make any sense and will interfere with the simulation. The reason is that Colliders are designed to work with Unity's Rigidbodies, since they cannot deform.

For the same reason, adding a ObiCollider component is also completely unnecessary. Colliders are designed to make cloth/softbodies react to regular geometry in the scene, such as walls, floors, etc. I'd recommend reading the manual page about collisions:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

Obi is a particle-based engine. This means that all aspects of simulation - including collisions- are performed using particles. There's no need to add a Collider to a cloth or softbody for them to collide with other objects, since particles already take care of that. However, you must make sure that the particles in your objects don't have huge gaps in between them (such as the ones seen in your video) since that will allow objects to pass in between particles. The simplest solution is to make your particles bigger, tweaking their radius in the cloth/softbody blueprint editor.

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 02-06-2023, 03:31 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 06-06-2023, 02:05 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 08-06-2023, 04:08 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by josemendez - 08-06-2023, 09:09 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 08-06-2023, 10:17 AM
RE: Can softbody be used on cloth? - by astest - 09-06-2023, 06:02 AM