Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Fluid Renderer not working on URP
Hello,

I can't get the Obi Fluid Renderer working on URP. The Obi Particles render fine. 

I have set the Obi Fluid Renderer feature and the script. 

When I check the shaders I see the following errors. Any idea ?  ( OSX , Sonoma )

I don't see any console errors.

thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi!

Make sure the URP renderer asset you've set up for fluid rendering is the one you're actually using for rendering. A common mistake is to set up a URP renderer and then not tell the pipeline to use it.

[Image: ZKSE7zZ.png]

(17-06-2024, 07:49 AM)CosmosST Wrote: I have set the Obi Fluid Renderer feature and the script. 

What do you mean about "the script"? What script?

(17-06-2024, 07:49 AM)CosmosST Wrote: When I check the shaders I see the following errors. Any idea ?  ( OSX , Sonoma )

These are not errors, but warnings. They shouldn't prevent rendering from working at all.

let me know if I can be of further help,

kind regards
Thank you for the quick reply. 

The Pipeline asset has been set already as you have mentioned. ( pasting a screenshot )

With "script", I meant the Fluid Renderer script attached to the camera. And my URP version is 14.0.11.

So is it possible, that you share a simple project with URP working, which I can take as a reference ?

thanks

(17-06-2024, 09:23 AM)CosmosST Wrote: With "script", I meant the Fluid Renderer script attached to the camera. And my URP version is 14.0.11.

You should remove this script, as it's intended for the built-in render pipeline. In URP it will hinder performance and may interfere with URP rendering.

Is this issue taking place in editor, in the build or both?
(17-06-2024, 11:20 AM)josemendez Wrote: You should remove this script, as it's intended for the built-in render pipeline. In URP it will hinder performance and may interfere with URP rendering.

Is this issue taking place in editor, in the build or both?
Sorry, this did not help.

I can't see the Fluid shade in editor, nor in build.

If possible, a URP template project access would be great.

thank you.
(17-06-2024, 02:33 PM)CosmosST Wrote: If possible, a URP template project access would be great.

thank you.

Sure, which Unity/URP versions are you using so that I can make a project you'll be able to use?
(18-06-2024, 07:45 AM)josemendez Wrote: Sure, which Unity/URP versions are you using so that I can make a project you'll be able to use?

Thank you so much.

Unity : 2022.3.25f1
URP : 14.0.11

I have also noticed that the build version of the application does not work. The framebuffer adds up the frames being rendered. There is definitely something wrong somewhere hidden in the project.
(18-06-2024, 09:06 PM)CosmosST Wrote: Thank you so much.

Unity : 2022.3.25f1
URP : 14.0.11

Here's a link to the project:
https://we.tl/t-aUiefZrltA

It uses Unity 2022.3.33f1, which is the LTS version for 2022. It's the same major and minor version as yours, so you should be able to open it with no issues. Check out the "FluidViscosity" sample scene, in which I've converted all materials to URP. Other sample scenes work as well, but there might be materials that still need converting to URP.

All I've done is created a fresh Unity project, imported Obi, and added a ObiFluidRendererFeature to the pipeline's renderer. Project tested both in-editor and standalone in Windows 11 and Mac OS Catalina (10.15.4)

(18-06-2024, 09:06 PM)CosmosST Wrote: The framebuffer adds up the frames being rendered.

What do you mean? "adding up frames" as in the camera is not clearing the framebuffer in between frames? Off the top of my head there's nothing in Obi that could cause this, it's typically caused by incorrect clear settings in the Camera component. Set its "clear" property to use either background color or the skybox.
Great !, it worked after some necessary setup for Apple Silicon.

thank you very much.