Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Poor performance when enabled surface collision
(08-09-2022, 07:39 PM)snowtv Wrote: Hello,

I have a testing scene with one ObiCloth object in it. I need surface collision for the project to make sure that no unexpected object penetrating through this cloth object, however when I turn on surface collisions, the performance become significantly worse, <10 fps. When surface collision is turned off, I can get over 60fps.

Is there a way to improve it?

Hi!

Surface collisions are a bit more costly than normal, particle-based collisions. If you're using self-collisions in addition to surface collisions, make sure your particle radius is small, otherwise a lot of self-surface contacts will be generated which can get expensive very quickly.

If that's not the case, you can trade speed for accuracy using the solver's "surface collision iterations" setting: less iterations will yield less accurate, but faster surface collisions. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...olver.html

(08-09-2022, 07:39 PM)snowtv Wrote: Another behavior that I'm noticing is that after turning on surface collision the cloth object start to "drifting off" the surface it is placed on.

What collision material settings are you using? is there any friction between the cloth and the surface?

let me know how it goes!

kind regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poor performance when enabled surface collision - by josemendez - 09-09-2022, 10:07 AM