Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Does Obi Disregard Convex Mesh Colliders?
(18-08-2020, 10:11 PM)virtushda Wrote: Makes sense, thanks for going more in-depth!

I'll only bug you with one last thing...  Ángel

If you decide to make Obi Convex Collider a thing at some point, there's an MIT-licensed library for convex hull generation that could save you a lot of time!
https://github.com/OskarSigvardsson/unity-quickhull

Have tough of it before, same for PolygonCollider2D (the only colllider type not supported at all, basically due to the same reason...no API way to get Unity's triangulation). In 2D, I tried to do roll out my own triangulation algorithm (Delaunay) but the resulting triangulation was different from Unity's, and so the collision behavior was different at edges due to speculative collision ghost contacts.

Long story short, I fear that my convex hull and Unity's end up not being exactly the same, and this will be perceived as a bug. Will experiment with it some more though, as convex shapes can be made solid, so they are much more robust than concave ones without the memory consumption and limitations of a distance field. Thanks for the link!  Gran sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Obi Disregard Convex Mesh Colliders? - by josemendez - 19-08-2020, 08:53 AM