Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Can I attach particeattachment in script?
(19-09-2024, 10:12 AM)josemendez Wrote: This might be obvious, but you should *not* rely on the Y values of all waist particles being *exactly* the same. Even if whoever modeled the skirt made the wait perfectly horizontal, vertices won't have the same height due to floating point error. You should pick one representative particle (for instance the topmost one) and then compare all others with it, using a threshold.

Initial particle positions are just copied from vertex positions. If your vertex weld distance or minimum particle distance are not zero, they might be moved around afterwards to meet these constraints.

Quite possibly, editor UI breaking in this way usually means there's been an error while rendering the editor. Did you add any custom code to the blueprint and/or blueprint editor?

When/how are you calling this code?

kind regards,

I didnt add any custom code to obi asset, and I found this link, NullReferenceException Blueprint Edit (virtualmethodstudio.com) and edit obi asset as the last comment said, then the ui issue is solved. 

Btw, Im currently trying to make a trench coat following obi cloth proxy character cloth tutorial(Obi Physics for Unity - Character Clothing using Proxies (virtualmethodstudio.com)), but the particle keeps falling from the body! I know there is a issue about simulating sample of obi cloth proxy (CharacterCloth Scene in sample - cloth directory, Unity 2021 not working? (virtualmethodstudio.com)) But obi version of mine is 6.5, and version of unity is 2022.3.2 as you can see, and if I play the scene of Character Cloth, cloth mesh is broken like a screen below( this still happens my coworker's computer who using obi 6.5)

And this is a trench coat that I made with proxy following tutorial

I would understand if this happens only in CharacterCloth Sample scene, but even I used same model(I just copied from CharacterCloth scene) and made a coat blueprint with optimizing it, adding tethering group and generating tether,And I created trenchcoatSkin then added 2 channel, particle of the skinned cloth object keeps falling. Should I update obi from 6.5 to 7 or Did I something wrong? Thank you

*I got IndexoutofRnage exception from 128 line from ObiClothProxy.cs
Code:
                    slavePositions[data.slaveIndex] = s2l.MultiplyPoint3x4(skinnedPos);

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I attach particeattachment in script? - by gahyun11 - 10-10-2024, 09:39 AM