Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Softbody-based Crawling
(27-06-2024, 10:40 AM)wenhao_zheng Wrote: Hi! 

As shown in the figure below, I try to use two soft bodies to grab a rigid body. For example, a claw machine.I expect the grabbing process to be achieved through friction.

I set the same collision material for both the claw soft body and the rigid body, with both dynamic and static friction set to 1.
In my attempt, I was able to grab the rigid body, but it soon fell slowly. In the real world, I would think that the friction is not enough. But I have set the friction to 1 in the collision material, and I expect that there should be no tangential movement of the object.
For reference I have attached my Obi Solver component configuration, although I have tried different things with it and I don't think the problem seems to be there.
Is it possible to achieve my needs based on ObiSoftbody? If it is feasible, I am very much looking forward to getting suggestions from developers.
Many thanks!

Please see the attachment for detailed configuration.
Thanks!

I have another question about the size of the soft body.

In this demo, I used a 0.5-high cylinder as the soft body, which is similar to 50cm in the Unity scene. At this scale, I set the volume resolution to 8 in the blueprint to have appropriate simulation performance and performance burden.

But in my final requirement, I need a 0.05-high cylinder as the soft body, which is 5cm. I did a test. For a 0.05-high cylinder, using a volume resolution of 8 in the blueprint will not generate any particles inside the cylinder. The resolution needs to be set to 32 to fill the cylinder. But such a high resolution will bring a huge performance burden to the scene.

So I would like to ask, for small-sized soft bodies, are there any recommended solutions or precautions in practice?   Sonrisa

Messages In This Thread
Softbody-based Crawling - by wenhao_zheng - 27-06-2024, 10:40 AM
RE: Softbody-based Crawling - by josemendez - 27-06-2024, 11:23 AM
RE: Softbody-based Crawling - by wenhao_zheng - 29-06-2024, 05:03 AM
RE: Softbody-based Crawling - by wenhao_zheng - 29-06-2024, 07:17 AM