Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every Job.Worker thread is "Idle"
(18-06-2024, 01:34 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Your project isn't using Burst or multithreading at all as clearly stated by the warning in your ObiSolver component inspector (otherwise the warning wouldn’t appear). This is because the ObiSolver script file has been moved to Utilities/Obi/Scripts, outside of Obi's folder (located in Assets/Obi) and its assembly. Since packages check each other's assemblies to determine what's installed and what's not but the solver is not part of any assembly, it's not detecting any of the other installed packages.

As explained in the manual you should not take apart the asset's folder structure or modify its contents in any way, as this will break it:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...setup.html

The solution in your case is simply to delete Assets/Obi and Assets/Utilities/Obi and perform a fresh reinstall of the asset. Then if you want to move your Obi installation to another place in your project, do so as you would any other package: by moving the entire /Obi folder instead of some subfolders/files only.

Unrelated to this issue: in your scene's ObiSolver, relaxation is set to 0.1 (10%) on all constraint types but substeps are set to 4 and iterations to 2 or sometimes 3. This is a huge waste of resources as you're doing the same work a lot of times but only at 10% intensity each time. Set relaxation to 1 (100%) then reduce the amount of substeps/iterations as needed.

Let me know if you need further help,

kind regards

I did everything you told me but only gained around 2x performance boost, which, given that before the game ran on 1 FPS, raised it to 2. Job threads are now filled with tasks, although they are usually 55-70% Idle. If I may, I want to ask you to have another look at the project, just in case I missed something. Because having 2 FPS with only 14 2k models on the screen does not seem right:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OOqbNX2...sp=sharing

Messages In This Thread
Every Job.Worker thread is "Idle" - by cubrman - 16-06-2024, 08:00 PM
RE: Every Job.Worker thread is "Idle" - by cubrman - 22-06-2024, 07:58 PM