Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for optimization using many characters with softbody?
Pregunta 
I've done all I can in the setting: enable Burst, solver set fixed sub step to 1 and all the constraint to 1, only update when looking at, generate low-res blueprint.

This is 8 Slime characters Result:

Fixed Update enabled: When look at: 250 fps, when look away: 320 fps.

Fixed Update disabled: 450 fps (I'm curious about this part, why is it greater than the look-away option while Simulate When Invisible is off? I expect it would be the same, is there still some calculation not eliminated here?)

250-320 fps is very good not gonna lie. I would not target greater than 60 fps though, just wanna ask to further optimize it because I want to have some spare fps for other Obi sim like cloth rope water etc.

One note: before going with this good range 250-320 fps, I'm at 60 fps just because the blueprint resolution kinda detailed. Just making it low-res get me to this point so I wanna point out this important info for anyone who happen to see this. Gran sonrisa
Hi!

Any performance optimizations should be driven by profiling. Use the profiler to check what's taking up most time, then work towards optimizing that. I can help you interpret your profiler results, but trying to optimize without any real data is just guessing.

Also, try to measure performance in milliseconds/frame instead of FPS. This is because at high fps counts, a very small performance difference can result in a large FPS difference, however the same performance difference will have a small impact on FPS if your FPS are low. This makes it difficult to determine the impact something has on performance.

kind regards,
Okay, I'll test out Obi 7 fluid and if I have any problem I'll post the profiler.