Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Moving multiple cloth actors not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Great plugin! I apologise if this has been answered somewhere else, but let me explain what the issue is first. We are using Obi Cloth to simulate flags and sails on a ship.

We have the problem that when moving a ship, not all the objects using the Obi Cloth component move along with the object. It only seems to work for one object, but on all the other objects it just stays in the position where the object spawned.

I've used the same setup that is used for "Flag" in the Wind demo scene, if that helps. 

Is there anything that needs to be set up for this to work? 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Best regards,
James
(04-03-2019, 06:41 PM)JJarvis89 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Great plugin! I apologise if this has been answered somewhere else, but let me explain what the issue is first. We are using Obi Cloth to simulate flags and sails on a ship.

We have the problem that when moving a ship, not all the objects using the Obi Cloth component move along with the object. It only seems to work for one object, but on all the other objects it just stays in the position where the object spawned.

I've used the same setup that is used for "Flag" in the Wind demo scene, if that helps. 

Is there anything that needs to be set up for this to work? 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Best regards,
James

Hi,

Cloth follows the same rules as any other GameObject. As long as all cloth transforms are parented to the ship, they will move with it (as long as any particle in the cloth is fixed, otherwise the cloth would just fall due to gravity because it would not be attached to any transform).

Can you give more details about your setup?
(04-03-2019, 07:53 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Cloth follows the same rules as any other GameObject. As long as all cloth transforms are parented to the ship, they will move with it (as long as any particle in the cloth is fixed, otherwise the cloth would just fall due to gravity because it would not be attached to any transform).

Can you give more details about your setup?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am currently playing around with the wind sample scene. I have duplicated the object named "Flag" (This is the flag standing closer to the camera). When I hit play I can move the duplicated flag and the cloth will move along with the Flag object. If I move the other Flag object, the cloth just stays in position. I am currently using Unity 2018.3.5f1. I haven't changed anything else to the wind sample scene.

I've attached a screenshot which shows the issue.

Thanks again for the help.
(05-03-2019, 08:00 AM)JJarvis89 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am currently playing around with the wind sample scene. I have duplicated the object named "Flag" (This is the flag standing closer to the camera). When I hit play I can move the duplicated flag and the cloth will move along with the Flag object. If I move the other Flag object, the cloth just stays in position. I am currently using Unity 2018.3.5f1. I haven't changed anything else to the wind sample scene.

I've attached a screenshot which shows the issue.

Thanks again for the help.

Hi,

This is a known bug when using more than 1 solver in certain scenes. It has already been fixed, you can find the fix in this thread:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...hp?tid=887
Thanks! That worked!