Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Skirt Cloth issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi first time using obi cloth,
I'm trying to get a simple skirt cloth working. I changed the scale factor in import settings from 1 to 0.5 and kept the root scale to 1,1,1 and after setting everything up, I'm still running into this cloth issue. Does it matter that the skirt is not a direct child of the root object? I am using a separate game object as the solver.
Cheers
(09-12-2018, 05:38 AM)howzer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi first time using obi cloth,
I'm trying to get a simple skirt cloth working. I changed the scale factor in import settings from 1 to 0.5 and kept the root scale to 1,1,1 and after setting everything up, I'm still running into this cloth issue. Does it matter that the skirt is not a direct child of the root object? I am using a separate game object as the solver.
Cheers

As long as the world-space scale of the skirt matches that of the topology used, it will work.

Easiest way to get scale right is to make sure the scale of the exported object (and everything up its hierarchy) is 1,1,1, then control its size using import settings.

If your goal is to simulate the cloth in local space (for characters this is usually a must) then the cloth has to be a child of the solver (it suffices for it to be inside of the solver's hierarchy, does not have to be a direct child). See:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutor...space.html