Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Newbie with a question or 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Just bought Obi Fluid and playing around with it following the basic youtube video and the FAQs page and have a couple of questions...
1. Is the most recent how to video the one from October 2017 or is there a newer one? That video's menu's and components are not the same as i see in my version.
2. My game is going to be a 2D game, i do not see how to setup collisions with a 2D object (a cube for my playing around to learn it). If the object has a 3D collider then the particles collide just fine, but if i change the object to have a 2D box collider the particles go straight through. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
(27-11-2018, 05:01 AM)gadgetkk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Just bought Obi Fluid and playing around with it following the basic youtube video and the FAQs page and have a couple of questions...
1. Is the most recent how to video the one from October 2017 or is there a newer one? That video's menu's and components are not the same as i see in my version.
2. My game is going to be a 2D game, i do not see how to setup collisions with a 2D object (a cube for my playing around to learn it). If the object has a 3D collider then the particles collide just fine, but if i change the object to have a 2D box collider the particles go straight through. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

1.-The are very few videos, and the ones that exist are for version 2.x. Most of the official documentation is written:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

2.- Just like you add a ObiCollider component to your 3D colliders, add a ObiCollider2D component to your 2D colliders. Also so not forget to switch the ObiSolver to 2D mode.
(27-11-2018, 08:52 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

1.-The are very few videos, and the ones that exist are for version 2.x. Most of the official documentation is written:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

2.- Just like you add a ObiCollider component to your 3D colliders, add a ObiCollider2D component to your 2D colliders. Also so not forget to switch the ObiSolver to 2D mode.

Ah, it was the 2d mode part i was missing in the obisolver. I works now, thank you.