Obi Official Forum

Full Version: How to Retrieve Contact Forces in Obisoftbody for Rigid-Softbody Collisions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using the Obisoftbody component for simulations and I need to obtain contact force information when a rigid body collides with a soft body. Specifically, I'd like to access the force vector and torque during these collisions for further analysis and control purposes.

I've gone through the official documentation and examples, but I haven't found a clear explanation on how to achieve this within Obisoftbody. I know that Obisoftbody is a powerful tool, but it seems like I'm encountering some difficulties when it comes to retrieving contact forces.

If anyone has experience using the Obisoftbody component and knows how to obtain contact force information during rigid-soft body collisions, please share some guidance or provide example code. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Hi!

Subscribe to solver.OnCollision, this will make a list of contacts available to you. Each contact contains orthonormal frame (normal/tangent/bitangent) and an impulse magnitude along each of them, along with information about the specific particle/collider pair involved in the contact.

The manual contains in-depth details about how collision callbacks work. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

kind regards,
(16-10-2023, 06:40 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

Subscribe to solver.OnCollision, this will make a list of contacts available to you. Each contact contains orthonormal frame (normal/tangent/bitangent) and an impulse magnitude along each of them, along with information about the specific particle/collider pair involved in the contact.

The manual contains in-depth details about how collision callbacks work. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

kind regards,

Thanks for your help~I have found what I need