Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Can I tuck up the character's Cloth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, my English is poor. I am wondering about buying Obi Cloth. In a game I am working on, there is a scene where the patient's shirt is pulled up to his chest.

The patient may be lying on his back, on his side, or in several other positions, and I want to use Obi Cloth's real-time simulation to achieve realistic shirt lifting. The shirt does not have to be removed completely; it only has to be lifted up to the chest area.

I have watched all the tutorials and Obi Particle Dragger is the closest to what I am looking for in terms of functionality. However, I wasn't sure, so I asked the question.
(17-09-2023, 08:20 AM)Cat3Man Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, my English is poor. I am wondering about buying Obi Cloth. In a game I am working on, there is a scene where the patient's shirt is pulled up to his chest.

The patient may be lying on his back, on his side, or in several other positions, and I want to use Obi Cloth's real-time simulation to achieve realistic shirt lifting. The shirt does not have to be removed completely; it only has to be lifted up to the chest area.

I have watched all the tutorials and Obi Particle Dragger is the closest to what I am looking for in terms of functionality. However, I wasn't sure, so I asked the question.

Hi there,

If the patient is a skinned character, you must use skinned cloth (since Unity does not support deformable MeshColliders, nor does any engine due to performance reasons) and as a result, you won't be able to pull up the cloth since it will need to be skinned to the skeleton.

Only if the character is a static mesh you'd be able to do this.

kind regards,
(18-09-2023, 06:08 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

If the patient is a skinned character, you must use skinned cloth (since Unity does not support deformable MeshColliders, nor does any engine due to performance reasons) and as a result, you won't be able to pull up the cloth since it will need to be skinned to the skeleton.

Only if the character is a static mesh you'd be able to do this.

kind regards,

thank you! I purchased Obi Cloth.