Obi Official Forum

Full Version: issues with blueprint generation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having issues with blueprint regeneration. I'm playing around with DeformationGradient sample. Whenever I change prism blueprint settings to generate a new one, the resulting Blueprint seems to make mesh wild in runtime. is there a fix for this, as I can't seem to find anything in documentation. Please check attachment.

Also, if I regenerate new blueprint with original prism blueprint settings, the resulting particle looks totally different. It almost looks like the values that were used to generate prism blueprint do not resemble the values that are shown on the asset. I have imported the package multiple times, just to revert back to original state. 

Thanks!
(14-08-2023, 02:11 PM)bs-techart Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm having issues with blueprint regeneration. I'm playing around with DeformationGradient sample. Whenever I change prism blueprint settings to generate a new one, the resulting Blueprint seems to make mesh wild in runtime. is there a fix for this, as I can't seem to find anything in documentation. Please check attachment.

Hi!

Chances are you forgot to rebind the mesh to the newly generated blueprint, see the manual oage regarding skinning:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...inner.html

You must click “Bind Skin” on the ObiSoftbodySkinner component after altering the blueprint, otherwise mesh skinning data may be stale.

Quote:Also, if I regenerate new blueprint with original prism blueprint settings, the resulting particle looks totally different. It almost looks like the values that were used to generate prism blueprint do not resemble the values that are shown on the asset. I have imported the package multiple times, just to revert back to original state. 

Thanks!

The values shown in the inspector may not be the same used to generate the data contained in the blueprint, (in the same way as the lighting setting for a scene may not be the same used to generated the lightmaps currently in use). Only upon clicking “Generate” are the values in the inspector used to generate new data.

Kind regards,