Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Pulse upon click/touch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Jose,

since you've helped me out perfectly the last two times, let's try another one Guiño

So my setup is this: 8 OBI Softbodies in a circle. When I click on any one of them they should keep their position, but a pulse/shockwave/wobble should jiggle them around for a second when you click on them. Is it possible to write a script that bounces the particles around until they wobble back to their initial position? I just want a nice short wobble reaction to a click (without dragging).
I was thinking about having an invisible OBI collider move through the objects when I click, but this would be a hassle to set up, and maybe there's a more elegant way to do it?

Thank you so much!

Felix

P.S.: REALLY happy about your plugin so far!! Recommending it to everyone I know!
Okay in the meantime I found a simple solution that satisfies my needs, for anyone interested.
I created a very short animation clip for the softbody - only 10 frames that move the softbody extremely fast in all directions, but after this short clip the softbody has enough momentum to jiggle and wiggle exactly as I wanted.
Still curious if there are other ways as well Sonrisa