Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Dynamic Rigidbody Collisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to implement a dynamic rope that collides with Dyanmic rigidbodies. 

Here in the attached video rope is connected to a static particle attactment, and for the movement I am using the Snake Controller used in demo.
However the collision doesnt seem to be happening very well with the cube which has obi collider, obi rigidbody, box collider, rigidbody attached.

Cube is a dyanmic rigidbody.

Am I missing anything ? 

Kindly let me know if I am.

video link
(26-04-2023, 09:11 AM)Bharat T Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I am trying to implement a dynamic rope that collides with Dyanmic rigidbodies. 

Here in the attached video rope is connected to a static particle attactment, and for the movement I am using the Snake Controller used in demo.
However the collision doesnt seem to be happening very well with the cube which has obi collider, obi rigidbody, box collider, rigidbody attached.

Cube is a dyanmic rigidbody.

Am I missing anything ? 

Kindly let me know if I am.

video link

Hi,

Hard to tell from this video, but it looks like there's gaps in between particles in the rope, trough which the box is able to pass. Just add a ObiParticleRenderer component to the rope to visually debug its particles, then adjust rope resolution as needed.

You might also benefit from surface collisions, if you want to keep resolution low.

kind regards,
(26-04-2023, 10:00 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Hard to tell from this video, but it looks like there's gaps in between particles in the rope, trough which the box is able to pass. Just add a ObiParticleRenderer component to the rope to visually debug its particles, then adjust rope resolution as needed.

You might also benefit from surface collisions, if you want to keep resolution low.

kind regards,

Hello,

Well I already tried with surface collisions off and on.
Also here is the video with a ObiParticleRenderer. 

This seems to be working fine if the cube is without rigidbody.

Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong ?

Video
(26-04-2023, 10:15 AM)Bharat T Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Well I already tried with surface collisions off and on.
Also here is the video with a ObiParticleRenderer. 

This seems to be working fine if the cube is without rigidbody.

Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong ?

Video

Rigidbody or not shouldn’t make any difference, unless the rigidbody is much heavier than the rope. In that case, the rope won’t be able to pull it around. What’s the mass of both the rigidbody and the rope control points?
(26-04-2023, 12:22 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Rigidbody or not shouldn’t make any difference, unless the rigidbody is much heavier than the rope. In that case, the rope won’t be able to pull it around. What’s the mass of both the rigidbody and the rope control points?

Hi,
Tweaking the control point mass did the trick.

Many Thanks !