Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Can't get softbody to work on custom meshes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I'm trying to use Obi Softbody's system on some of my custom models.

I've followed the setup steps in the documentation, as well as a video I found on YouTube.
I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing wrong, I think I'm not setting the blueprints correctly..

What I'm doing is this:
I import the model, set make it readable and writeable.
Then I create a new blueprint, attach the model to the input mesh and click the generate.
After that, I create the softbody object via the editor menu button.
I attach the mesh to the SkinnedMeshRenderer and drop a material.
Then I attach the blueprint, and physics material.
Finally I click on the "bind skin" button.

This is what it looks like in real time:
With particles rendering: https://i.imgur.com/XBkOppN.mp4
Without particles rendering: https://i.imgur.com/lzQ0W3w.mp4

This is the error I'm getting when running the Unity scene:
Quote:Mesh.SetBoneWeights() failed: Vertex 521 has zero weights.
UnityEngine.Mesh:SetBoneWeights (Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<byte>,Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<UnityEngine.BoneWeight1>)
Obi.ObiSoftbodySkinner:SetBoneWeights () (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs:386)
Obi.ObiSoftbodySkinner:Setup () (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs:135)
Obi.ObiSoftbodySkinner:UpdateSoftBones (Obi.ObiActor) (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Rendering/ObiSoftbodySkinner.cs:218)
Obi.ObiActor:Interpolate () (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Common/Actors/ObiActor.cs:1222)
Obi.ObiSoftbody:Interpolate () (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Softbody/Actors/ObiSoftbody.cs:288)
Obi.ObiSolver:Interpolate (single,single) (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Common/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:1641)
Obi.ObiUpdater:Interpolate (single,single) (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiUpdater.cs:122)
Obi.ObiFixedUpdater:Update () (at Assets/! Imported/Obi/Scripts/Common/Updaters/ObiFixedUpdater.cs:64)

I'd appreciate your help with this.
Thanks!
Hi there!

This looks like no skinning at all is taking place. Could you share your mesh by sending it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com, so that I can take a look? Thanks!
Hi,

Just tried to generate a softbody using the mesh you provided, but couldn't reproduce the issue described here. I'm attaching a video showing the setup steps: