Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Newb: Body Behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 
I am a newb to Obi, and am Struggling with recreating a simple scene with a single body and a floor. For reference I am trying to recreate the example Scene: BallPool.

In my scene I have set up the following, and thought it was identical to the example scene, mentioned above, but I am getting an odd result. My body falls to the floor and then it skids along the floor's x axis. It then falls through the floor, bouncing as it goes. 

- General: 
Obi Solver, with gravity set to a value of -9.81 (yAxis). 
Obi FixedUpdater, with the above Solver added to its Array of Solvers, subsets = 2

Body: 
ObiSoftyBody, with Surface Blueprint RubberBall
ObiSoftBodySkinner

Floor:
Obi Collider.

Any ideas??
(31-12-2020, 08:29 PM)Renman3000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 
I am a newb to Obi, and am Struggling with recreating a simple scene with a single body and a floor. For reference I am trying to recreate the example Scene: BallPool.

In my scene I have set up the following, and thought it was identical to the example scene, mentioned above, but I am getting an odd result. My body falls to the floor and then it skids along the floor's x axis. It then falls through the floor, bouncing as it goes. 

- General: 
Obi Solver, with gravity set to a value of -9.81 (yAxis). 
Obi FixedUpdater, with the above Solver added to its Array of Solvers, subsets = 2

Body: 
ObiSoftyBody, with Surface Blueprint RubberBall
ObiSoftBodySkinner

Floor:
Obi Collider.

Any ideas??

Hi,

Off the top of my head, I don’t see any reason for the softbody to behave the way you describe, given your parameters. Also couldn’t reproduce anything similar myself. Could you give more details, or even share your scene with me? (By sending it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com)