Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Rod disappears when rope exists in the scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have been trying to set up a Rope and a Rod for My boss to see it first hand however I found myself in a particular issue.
When both of them are active in the scene, the rod fails to render correctly and gets screwed up in the scene view after a playthrough. It is better to have a look at the video below.
If any one of them is hidden it works amazingly. I am sure I am doing something wrong but what though?

Current Environment:
Both are under the same solver
Both have the same materials in terms of Physics and Rendering Material
They have different blueprints obviously since one is a Rope and the other is a Rod.
They both have 2 dynamic Particle Attachments that have the same phase numbers for both the rod and rope.
                    For Example,
                    Rod → Particle Attachment 1 has Phase 10 → Attached to a Unique Rigidbody game object with Phase 10 ObiCollider
                    Rope → Particle Attachment 1 has Phase 10 → Attached to another Unique Rigidbody game object with Phase 10 ObiColliders

Rod vs Rope - Rope Wins, Rod AFK?!

Regards,
Stanley
(12-12-2020, 02:59 PM)SilverStanley Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have been trying to set up a Rope and a Rod for My boss to see it first hand however I found myself in a particular issue.
When both of them are active in the scene, the rod fails to render correctly and gets screwed up in the scene view after a playthrough. It is better to have a look at the video below.
If any one of them is hidden it works amazingly. I am sure I am doing something wrong but what though?

Current Environment:
Both are under the same solver
Both have the same materials in terms of Physics and Rendering Material
They have different blueprints obviously since one is a Rope and the other is a Rod.
They both have 2 dynamic Particle Attachments that have the same phase numbers for both the rod and rope.
                    For Example,
                    Rod → Particle Attachment 1 has Phase 10 → Attached to a Unique Rigidbody game object with Phase 10 ObiCollider
                    Rope → Particle Attachment 1 has Phase 10 → Attached to another Unique Rigidbody game object with Phase 10 ObiColliders

Rod vs Rope - Rope Wins, Rod AFK?!

Regards,
Stanley

Hi Stanley,

Will take a look at this on monday asap, as I’m currently out of office. Will get back to you.
Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this in the current version (5.6.2). We did fix a similar issue recently, what Obi version are you using? (you can check this in the /Obi/CHANGELOG_rope.txt file )
(14-12-2020, 08:40 AM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this in the current version (5.6.2). We did fix a similar issue recently, what Obi version are you using? (you can check this in the /Obi/CHANGELOG_rope.txt file )

I am using version 5.6 of the obi rope. Can I just update directly or do I need to remove the earlier obi rope and then update it?
(14-12-2020, 11:30 AM)SilverStanley Wrote: [ -> ]I am using version 5.6 of the obi rope. Can I just update directly or do I need to remove the earlier obi rope and then update it?

You should be able to just update the package. Let me know how it goes Sonrisa
(14-12-2020, 01:05 PM)josemendez Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to just update the package. Let me know how it goes Sonrisa

It is working with just the update.

Thanks,
Jose