Obi Official Forum

Full Version: Generate burst by script? Is this the normal behaviour in Burst mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've tried out settings in Burst mode to simulate shampoo coming out of the bottle.
But it seems I can use the emitter's speed the same way as with Stream.

-How can I generate a burst via script, without waiting for current particles to disappear? 
I tried ObiEmitter.EmitParticle, but it only emits one particle. I'd like to emit the entire capacity of one Burst.

I want to be able to generate many bursts in a row from script, and have the fluid accumulate underneath.

Also, even when I set emitter's speed to 0, particles are still flowing, and are generated every "lifespan" seconds. Is this the normal behaviour in Burst mode?

Thanks
Hi there,

The emitter speed is used in both modes, as it defines the speed of the particles being emitted.

To emit a single burst by code, you can call EmitParticle() as many times as distribution points there are in your shape:

Quote:int emissionPoints = GetDistributionPointsCount();
for (int i = 0; i < emissionPoints; ++i)
{
    EmitParticle(0,stepTime);
}

unsurprisingly, this is exactly the same that Burst emission does internally Guiño (BeginStep() method of ObiEmitter.cs). The only difference is that Burst mode waits until the amount of active particles is 0 (all particles are dead) before emitting again. So, the behavior you describe is the intended one: burst, wait for all particles to die, then burst again.