Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can ObiSoftbody perform bone deformation by SkinConstraint like ObiCloth?
Can ObiSoftbody perform bone deformation by SkinConstraint like ObiCloth?

As far as I see documents and demos, the hands of skinned characters look like rubber sticks to the ends of the bones when applying Softbody.

What I want is to soften by Softbody while keeping the influence of bone deformation like Cloth's SkinConstraint.
In other words, it is a question as to whether or not you can make elastic character like real human body.

I had a question asking if I could make breasts and buttocks with other people's questions, but the answer is just to make it completely rubber like in the document.
This method was not the result I wanted.

Blending with the skinned shape is necessary to obtain the desired shape. In other words, both shape control by the bone and softness of the softbody are required.
I think that there is a lot of demand for monsters with soft bodies such as jelly and glamorous women's body.

I think that the function I wanted can be almost realized by SkinConstraint in Cloth, but can not we make it available for Softbody?

If ObiSoftbody can be used in conjunction with bone deformation, I think that Unity has a revolutionary expression capability that surpasses DCC tools such as Maya.
(16-02-2019, 10:02 AM)yasuchiki Wrote: Can ObiSoftbody perform bone deformation by SkinConstraint like ObiCloth?

As far as I see documents and demos, the hands of skinned characters look like rubber sticks to the ends of the bones when applying Softbody.

What I want is to soften by Softbody while keeping the influence of bone deformation like Cloth's SkinConstraint.
In other words, it is a question as to whether or not you can make elastic character like real human body.

I had a question asking if I could make breasts and buttocks with other people's questions, but the answer is just to make it completely rubber like in the document.
This method was not the result I wanted.

Blending with the skinned shape is necessary to obtain the desired shape. In other words, both shape control by the bone and softness of the softbody are required.
I think that there is a lot of demand for monsters with soft bodies such as jelly and glamorous women's body.

I think that the function I wanted can be almost realized by SkinConstraint in Cloth, but can not we make it available for Softbody?

If ObiSoftbody can be used in conjunction with bone deformation, I think that Unity has a revolutionary expression capability that surpasses DCC tools such as Maya.

Hi there,

Currently skin constraints are only available for cloth. You can control softbody stiffness by increasing cluster radius (larger radius => more stiffness).

kind regards,