Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with a question or 2
Hi everyone,

Just bought Obi Fluid and playing around with it following the basic youtube video and the FAQs page and have a couple of questions...
1. Is the most recent how to video the one from October 2017 or is there a newer one? That video's menu's and components are not the same as i see in my version.
2. My game is going to be a 2D game, i do not see how to setup collisions with a 2D object (a cube for my playing around to learn it). If the object has a 3D collider then the particles collide just fine, but if i change the object to have a 2D box collider the particles go straight through. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
(27-11-2018, 05:01 AM)gadgetkk Wrote: Hi everyone,

Just bought Obi Fluid and playing around with it following the basic youtube video and the FAQs page and have a couple of questions...
1. Is the most recent how to video the one from October 2017 or is there a newer one? That video's menu's and components are not the same as i see in my version.
2. My game is going to be a 2D game, i do not see how to setup collisions with a 2D object (a cube for my playing around to learn it). If the object has a 3D collider then the particles collide just fine, but if i change the object to have a 2D box collider the particles go straight through. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

1.-The are very few videos, and the ones that exist are for version 2.x. Most of the official documentation is written:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

2.- Just like you add a ObiCollider component to your 3D colliders, add a ObiCollider2D component to your 2D colliders. Also so not forget to switch the ObiSolver to 2D mode.
(27-11-2018, 08:52 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

1.-The are very few videos, and the ones that exist are for version 2.x. Most of the official documentation is written:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/tutorials/

2.- Just like you add a ObiCollider component to your 3D colliders, add a ObiCollider2D component to your 2D colliders. Also so not forget to switch the ObiSolver to 2D mode.

Ah, it was the 2d mode part i was missing in the obisolver. I works now, thank you.