Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Using Obi Fluid for Mobile Slime Simulation
Hi,

I’ve been considering purchasing your asset “Obi Fluid” for making a slime simulation game for android. Before purchasing I just want to be sure, can I use this asset to create something like this? I want to be able to represent a finger pressing on a “goey” fluid on screen so user can interact with the fluid. The fluid should also be able to reform to it’s original shape very slowly, just like real slime.

Is this possible? Will definitely purchase your asset immediately if so. Thanks.
(07-09-2018, 02:33 PM)arrnav96 Wrote: Hi,

I’ve been considering purchasing your asset “Obi Fluid” for making a slime simulation game for android. Before purchasing I just want to be sure, can I use this asset to create something like this? I want to be able to represent a finger pressing on a “goey” fluid on screen so user can interact with the fluid. The fluid should also be able to reform to it’s original shape very slowly, just like real slime.

Is this possible? Will definitely purchase your asset immediately if so. Thanks.

Hi,

The reference gif does not show a fluid. That is an elastic solid, simulated using a textured rectangular mesh with springs in every edge.

So no, Obi Fluid is not intended for this kind of simulation. You could achieve it with Obi Cloth, however. A simple textured rectangular cloth with very low stiffness should do.
(07-09-2018, 03:43 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

The reference gif does not show a fluid. That is an elastic solid, simulated using a textured rectangular mesh with springs in every edge.

So no, Obi Fluid is not intended for this kind of simulation. You could achieve it with Obi Cloth, however. A simple textured rectangular cloth with very low stiffness should do.

Hi, thanks for the reply. So before I purchase the obi cloth asset. I just want to be sure.

1. Can the cloth surface react to user's finger touch? If so, can it create a "hole" in the shape of a finger when pressed on? 

2. Also, does the cloth surface allow mixing of colours on runtime? The reference game I showed also has a feature where a colour can be gradually mixed onto the slime.

Cheers.
Any reply? It's urgent.
(08-09-2018, 01:06 PM)arrnav96 Wrote: 1. Can the cloth surface react to user's finger touch? If so, can it create a "hole" in the shape of a finger when pressed on?

2. Also, does the cloth surface allow mixing of colours on runtime? The reference game I showed also has a feature where a colour can be gradually mixed onto the slime.

1.- This is something you should implement yourself, using the input system provided by Unity. Managing input is not a part of (or even responsibility of) a physics engine.

2.- This also isn't responsibility of the physics engine, but of the rendering pipeline. You should implement this "painting mode" yourself, using the render-related tools Unity puts at your disposal: mesh vertex colors, render targets, shaders, etc.

cheers,