Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bug / Crash  Obi Cloth and Obi Rope Incompatible?
I have been using Obi Rope but when I purchased Obi Cloth today, and tried to import the Cloth package to an existing project with Obi Rope it complained that it could not overwrite the liboni.dll. I cancelled out of it but my Obi ropes no longer work, and instead generate this error message:

EntryPointNotFoundException: GetParticleAnisotropies
Obi.ObiSolver.EndFrame (Single stepTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:557)
Obi.ObiSolver.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:764)

I tried installing Obi Cloth to a clean project, and that worked fine after I exited and restarted Unity but when I installed Obi Rope to the same project it started generating this error:

Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiCloth.cs(364,18): error CS0103: The name `initialScaleMatrix' does not exist in the current context

I've tried installing Obi Rope first as well as Obi Cloth but it doesn't seem to matter. Are Obi Rope and Obi Cloth not compatible with each other? They seem to share the same install directory.

Unity 5.6.3p2, Obi Rope 3.4 and Obi Cloth 3.4.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything regarding any special instructions for installing both.

Thanks.
(09-04-2018, 08:43 PM)darkcser Wrote: I have been using Obi Rope but when I purchased Obi Cloth today, and tried to import the Cloth package to an existing project with Obi Rope it complained that it could not overwrite the liboni.dll. I cancelled out of it but my Obi ropes no longer work, and instead generate this error message:

EntryPointNotFoundException: GetParticleAnisotropies
Obi.ObiSolver.EndFrame (Single stepTime) (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:557)
Obi.ObiSolver.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Obi/Scripts/Solver/ObiSolver.cs:764)

I tried installing Obi Cloth to a clean project, and that worked fine after I exited and restarted Unity but when I installed Obi Rope to the same project it started generating this error:

Assets/Obi/Scripts/Actors/ObiCloth.cs(364,18): error CS0103: The name `initialScaleMatrix' does not exist in the current context

I've tried installing Obi Rope first as well as Obi Cloth but it doesn't seem to matter. Are Obi Rope and Obi Cloth not compatible with each other? They seem to share the same install directory.

Unity 5.6.3p2, Obi Rope 3.4 and Obi Cloth 3.4.

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything regarding any special instructions for installing both.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Just tried importing ObiCloth and ObiRope (both 3.4) directly from the store in an empty project (Unity 5.6.0f3 and 2017.3.1p1), no errors pop up in the console. They should be compatible (in fact, all Obi assets are developed together in a single Unity project, then segmented during the build process).

Make sure you're using the same version of both though. Mixing 3.3 and 3.4 can result in the errors you describe.

Unity complaining of "not being able to overwrite X" is usually caused by another program holding on to the file. This is usually your antivirus, or some other program that periodically checks files. I'd recommend completely deleting the /Obi folder, turning of the antivirus temporarily, then importing both Obi packages.
(10-04-2018, 09:47 AM)josemendez Wrote: Hi there,

Just tried importing ObiCloth and ObiRope (both 3.4) directly from the store in an empty project (Unity 5.6.0f3 and 2017.3.1p1), no errors pop up in the console. They should be compatible (in fact, all Obi assets are developed together in a single Unity project, then segmented during the build process).

Make sure you're using the same version of both though. Mixing 3.3 and 3.4 can result in the errors you describe.

Unity complaining of "not being able to overwrite X" is usually caused by another program holding on to the file. This is usually your antivirus, or some other program that periodically checks files. I'd recommend completely deleting the /Obi folder, turning of the antivirus temporarily, then importing both Obi packages.

You are correct. It seems that I still had Obi Rope 3.3. I had hit the import button directly from the asset store page instead of going to my downloads to ensure that it was the latest. After updating to Obi Rope 3.4 it worked fine. Thanks for your help!