Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  (Obi7) Particle renderer not working
Hi team,

I'm trying to use the Obi Particle Renderer to visualize the particles using Obi7 in the Benchmark Scene, but nothing shows up there in the scene. I switched back to Obi6 and it's working as expected, so I believe this is a bug of the new plugin.
(22-05-2024, 06:51 PM)NekoKOKO Wrote: Hi team,

I'm trying to use the Obi Particle Renderer to visualize the particles using Obi7 in the Benchmark Scene, but nothing shows up there in the scene. I switched back to Obi6 and it's working as expected, so I believe this is a bug of the new plugin.

Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this. Which render pipeline are you using?
(22-05-2024, 07:32 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce this. Which render pipeline are you using?
I'm using Built-in Render Pipeline (the default one).
(22-05-2024, 09:08 PM)NekoKOKO Wrote: I'm using Built-in Render Pipeline (the default one).

Still unable to reproduce this, here's the "Benchmark" scene with a ObiParticleRenderer added to one of the flags. Using Compute or Burst backends makes no difference:

[Image: o5vQplC.png]

Make sure you've installed ShaderGraph in your project, as stated in the manual. Otherwise none of the included shaders will work:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...setup.html

Try selecting /Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/Common/ParticleShader.shadergraph, see if there's any errors in the inspector:

[Image: o0BNaPI.png]

If these do not solve the issue, would it be possible for you to share a project that showcases this problem by sending it to support(at)virtualmethodstudio.com? thanks!