Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  Undercloth
Pregunta 
Hi people, my character wearing a T-shirt under the shirt, and the shirt, with its tails out, partially covers the pants.

When I try to paint the influences (skin radio and skin backstop), it turns out that the brush paints based on the visible radius and not by surface. Therefore, when attempting to paint the pants, I end up unintentionally painting part of the shirt, the same goes for the undershirt. I've tried using the back and front culling options, but it's not helpful since the particles I want to paint on the pants have normals pointing in the same direction as the particles I accidentally paint from the shirt.

(11-09-2023, 05:18 PM)betoxproduction Wrote: Hi people, my character wearing a T-shirt under the shirt, and the shirt, with its tails out, partially covers the pants.

When I try to paint the influences (skin radio and skin backstop), it turns out that the brush paints based on the visible radius and not by surface. Therefore, when attempting to paint the pants, I end up unintentionally painting part of the shirt, the same goes for the undershirt. I've tried using the back and front culling options, but it's not helpful since the particles I want to paint on the pants have normals pointing in the same direction as the particles I accidentally paint from the shirt.

Hi,

Particle brushes in Obi use euclidean distance for their falloff, instead of geodesic distance along the surface manifold (as that's a lot more expensive). You have 2 options:

- Separate your mesh in 2, this will make it easier to manipulate them and will also result in slightly faster simulation since it's easier to parallelize work on 2 small meshes than in a single larger mesh.

- Use an external tool to paint your property map and import it using the texture import/export tool (rightmost button on the blueprint inspector tab). This way you can paint particle properties on Blender, Maya, or any other tool of your choice.

kind regards,