Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obi Rope Stretching with Attachment Problem
Hi I have 2 particle attachment for my rope. First one for head of rope to set it to a station, other one for lets say a machine. When I take the machine I simply making the machine a child of my character and I can extend and move the rope automatically. However, as I use particle renderer, I can see that the particle seems same and not increasing with the size of rope as I can move further from the station. Lets say in the beginning I have 4 particle that I can see via the particle renderer, after the extending it seems same amount and it is 4. It makes the simulation look bad. I can fix it with making the ropes initial length bigger but I want a real solution for that. I also tried obi rope cursor but it doesnt work because of attachment I think. Thanks in advance.
(04-07-2023, 09:26 AM)proxObi Wrote: Hi I have 2 particle attachment for my rope. First one for head of rope to set it to a station, other one for lets say a machine. When I take the machine I simply making the machine a child of my character and I can extend and move the rope automatically. However, as I use particle renderer, I can see that the particle seems same and not increasing with the size of rope as I can move further from the station. Lets say in the beginning I have 4 particle that I can see via the particle renderer, after the extending it seems same amount and it is 4. It makes the simulation look bad.

Hi,

Ropes in Obi have a specific length, just like in the real world. Attaching a rope to two objects and placing them apart will not make the rope automagically increase its length, instead it will be stretched (if using static attachments) or prevent the objects at its ends from separating (if using dynamic attachments).

(04-07-2023, 09:26 AM)proxObi Wrote: I can fix it with making the ropes initial length bigger but I want a real solution for that. I also tried obi rope cursor but it doesnt work because of attachment I think. Thanks in advance.

You must use ObiRopeCursor to change the rope rest length at runtime. Be mindful of where you place the cursor ("Cursor Mu" parameter) and where you duplicate particles from ("Source Mu" parameters), since placing the cursor on an attached particle and duplicating attached particles will not extend the length of the rope. See: http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ursor.html

kind regards
Yep problem is related to cursor and source positions as you mentioned. They were on attachment's position so it was not working.
Changing their position is fixed the problem.
Thanks for your fast reply.