Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help  How to use debug mode?
Hello,

I have just purchased Obi Fluid and this is the default behavior I get after creating an Obi Solver and assigning it the Water blueprint:

[Image: a.jpg]

For a better understanding on how particles interact I would like to turn on "debug mode" and see the particles individually and not joined together like this.

I've read that this can be done by unchecking "Render" on my ObiParticleRenderer component :

But the only thing this does for me is stopping to render particle shadows. The fluid simulation remains the same.

I'm using Unity 2021.3.16f1 with Obi Fluid 6.5. I'm using the standard Solver + Emitter and standard Render Feature added to the pipeline.

Is something wrong with my setup? How can I have a better look at how the particles work with each other?

Thank you
(13-02-2023, 10:30 PM)Kromah Wrote: For a better understanding on how particles interact I would like to turn on "debug mode" and see the particles individually and not joined together like this.

I've read that this can be done by unchecking "Render" on my ObiParticleRenderer component :

It's done by checking "Render". When unchecked, particles won't be drawn at all.

(13-02-2023, 10:30 PM)Kromah Wrote: But the only thing this does for me is stopping to render particle shadows. The fluid simulation remains the same.
I'm using Unity 2021.3.16f1 with Obi Fluid 6.5. I'm using the standard Solver + Emitter and standard Render Feature added to the pipeline.

In case you're using URP, you'll have to select the ParticleURP shader for the particle renderer. You can find it in Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP, see:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ering.html

kind regards,
(14-02-2023, 08:56 AM)josemendez Wrote: It's done by checking "Render". When unchecked, particles won't be drawn at all.

In case you're using URP, you'll have to select the ParticleURP shader for the particle renderer. You can find it in Obi/Resources/ObiMaterials/URP, see:

http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...ering.html

kind regards,

Thank you! Switched the material and it now shows the particles correctly. Sonrisa