Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ObiContactGrabber and Surface based collisions
Just bought Obi Rope, loving it, thanks.

Using Obi Rope for VR and I'm using the ObiContactGrabber script on my hand collider spheres with trigger option checked and then calling Grab and Release when a button is pressed and released.  Everything is working perfectly.  I can grab and manipulate the rope just like I'd expect.  I then go in and check the Surface-based collisions option and run again, the grab is offset a few feet away. It's not where my hand is.  

What am I missing?  Is this script not compatible with surface-based collisions?

Any help would be appreciated.
(20-01-2023, 12:08 AM)dpizzle Wrote: Just bought Obi Rope, loving it, thanks.

Using Obi Rope for VR and I'm using the ObiContactGrabber script on my hand collider spheres with trigger option checked and then calling Grab and Release when a button is pressed and released.  Everything is working perfectly.  I can grab and manipulate the rope just like I'd expect.  I then go in and check the Surface-based collisions option and run again, the grab is offset a few feet away. It's not where my hand is.  

What am I missing?  Is this script not compatible with surface-based collisions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi!

The ObiContactGrabber is just an example script (not part of Obi's core), it's only prepared to work with particles and ignores simplices, so won't work for surface collisions.

Modifying it to work with simplices should be fairly easy, the manual contains information about how to deal with simplices during the collision callback:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/manua...sions.html

let me know if you need further help,

kind regards
Thanks for the direction.  You were right, was easy to implement once I dug in.  Apprecite the great support.