Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug / Crash  mesh goes wrong in unity2021
unity ver 2021.3.f1

In the following example scene, the mesh is messed up.
・CharacterCloth
・SoccerGoal
・ClothRaycast

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.png   Pasted Graphic 2.png (Size: 24.9 KB / Downloads: 13)
(22-11-2022, 05:36 AM)syunteri Wrote: unity ver 2021.3.f1

In the following example scene, the mesh is messed up.
・CharacterCloth
・SoccerGoal
・ClothRaycast

Hi,

This is a known issue with Unity 2021.1 and up. See the following thread:
http://obi.virtualmethodstudio.com/forum...-3331.html

Long story short, Unity 2021.1 changed the way order in which vertices appear in certain meshes compared to Unity 2020.X and older versions. So, cloth blueprints generated for meshes in versions older than 2021.1 have their vertex order garbled up, because the order in which vertices are serialized for the cloth and the order in which Unity draws them doesn't match.

This only happens for meshes imported from older Unity versions, such as the ones used in some sample scenes (they were created in Unity 2019.4). It will not affect any cloth that you create in 2021.1.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do to fix this ourselves, since it would mean raising the minimal compatible version of the asset to at least 2021.1 just for the sake of the sample scenes. We are waiting until Obi 7 gets released to do this, and drop support for older Unity versions.

kind regards,
OK. I'm relieved to know it's not a problem. I was considering lowering the version of unity to use obi cloth. 
However, if you could write a word about this in the sample, I wouldn't have to worry about it.