Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meshes disappear when using particle picker
Hi, I have a simple soft body object with some skinned meshes binded to the soft body. I have been trying out the ObiParticlePicker and have observed some glitches.

From above we can see that sometimes my soft body mesh disappears. Sometimes the skinned mesh binded to the softbody with the Softbody skinner can disappear as well.

Any ideas on how I can prevent my meshes from disappearing?
(02-09-2022, 07:47 PM)blobman Wrote: Hi, I have a simple soft body object with some skinned meshes binded to the soft body. I have been trying out the ObiParticlePicker and have observed some glitches.

From above we can see that sometimes my soft body mesh disappears. Sometimes the skinned mesh binded to the softbody with the Softbody skinner can disappear as well.

Any ideas on how I can prevent my meshes from disappearing?

Hi,

Looks like your mesh isn’t skinned to the softbody particles at all (there’s no mesh deformation going on). Make sure you’ve bound the ObiSoftbodySkinner correctly.

As for the disappearing mesh issue, seems like the renderer’s bounds are too small and the mesh is getting culled, just make the SkinnedMeshRenderer bounds bigger.

Let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,
(02-09-2022, 08:51 PM)josemendez Wrote: Hi,

Looks like your mesh isn’t skinned to the softbody particles at all (there’s no mesh deformation going on). Make sure you’ve bound the ObiSoftbodySkinner correctly.

As for the disappearing mesh issue, seems like the renderer’s bounds are too small and the mesh is getting culled, just make the SkinnedMeshRenderer bounds bigger.

Let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Ah yes. You're totally right. I accidentally hid the inherited onEnable method on the ObiSoftbodySkinner when registering my event handlers.

Thank you for your help!